Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU softball team wins Sunbelt tourney

Add topic

FAU just beat Troy 1-0.

FAU won three games today. 2 were Shut-outs.

;D :D

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Congrats to the softball team....hopefully, this will start a run of many Sun Belt championships for the Owls this coming year.
Back to the top

FAU played well and deserved to win the game just a little bit more than Troy.

But what is the point of a double-elimination tourney when the team from the loser's bracket does not have to beat the only undefeated team twice to win it all.

Both teams had one loss. One more game was appropriate.

I just don't get it.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

But what is the point of a double-elimination tourney when the team from the loser's bracket does not have to beat the only undefeated team twice to win it all.

I just don't get it.

I thought there would have to be one extra game also. Oh well, I guess Troy gets to be the co-champs in another sport ::)

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

It was great to see the Ladies Owls on TV, for two games, they played a heck of a game against the Raiders before playing another tough game with Troy for the championship.

What a way to battle back and show resiliency.

Congras!! Ladie Owls!!

Sun-Belt Champs 2007 :)
Back to the top

BMarkey said

I just don't get it.

I agree, that is inconsistant. That would have been tough on FAU though to play 4 games in a day. Is Musillo the only pitcher used anymore? She would have had to throw for those 4 games. I don't see how she threw for 3 games.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

She threw for 50 innings in the tourney.

Back to the top

That is weird there wasn't a second game. But doesn't matter to me considering we also won the regular season.
Back to the top

The tourneys format is the way it is so they can guarantee a one-game final for TV. The teams are split into two groups of four and they play a double elimination mini-tournament to see who plays in the one game final. It doesnt matter whether you lose once or no times before you get to the final, you get a fresh start at that point. The advantage Troy had by losing none was that they had more rest for the final. Its the same in Baseball's college world series-there are two groups of four playing a double-elimiation to see who goes tot he finals-it doesnt matter whether you lose oone game or none there either.
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

That is weird there wasn't a second game. But doesn't matter to me considering we also won the regular season.

at least MTSU cant try to calim a championship…ha ha ha :P
Back to the top
Control functions: