Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC - Baseball Tournament

Add topic

Looks like the brackets have been set, here is the line-up for Wed.:

Game 1: 9:00 a.m.
No. 3 Middle Tennessee vs. No. 6 Florida Atlantic

Game 2: 12:30 p.m.
No. 2 New Orleans vs. No. 7 Western Kentucky

Game 3: 4:00 p.m.
No. 4 Troy vs. No. 5 Louisiana-Monroe

Game 4: 7:30 p.m.
No. 1 Louisiana-Lafayette vs. No. 8 South Alabama

And it looks like the sweep cost FIU a trip.
Back to the top

Also looks like we are sitting pretty good…

Back to the top

sorry… i'm slacking… here's my bracket:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

We can win this thing, no problem. Only question is pitching, obviously. Schmal and Salberg might need to go every other game.
Back to the top

We are definetely in a good bracket, like Teddy mentioned in his blog, having to face ULL once is ideal, however a lot of baseball needs to be played before we get a shot at the Cajuns.

It seems like the team is play better ball as of late, only concern I have is being able to finish games, it seems like we allow teams to rally in late innings, which comes down to pitching.

For those that are interested - the Sun-Belt conference is offering a Web-Cast of each game, $9.95 for the entire Tourny and of course the Championship game will be televised on CSS.
Back to the top

listen… this is not major league baseball or even an ACC or Big XII conference… so i am not going to sit here and predict the "favorites"… this is the sun belt, and as every other mid major and minor conference, parity is EXTREMELY APPARENT…

(i.e. North Texas wins the basketball conference tournament, when it clearly was south alabama's to win)

so… yes, ULL, troy and (yes i put) FAU are the elite of the conference in baseball and should be the 3 odd's on favorite, but this is the conference of parity and upsets when it comes to postseason

it comes down to our offense… not our pitching - and in that regard i disagree with teddy on his blog… he says "we need o.b. and salberg to go every other day… i disagree… our pitching can go out and give up 15 runs in one game… but our offense - FIRST in the conference in virtually every team category - is capable of putting up 16 runs every single game… for FAU, our gameplan should be very easy - SLUGFEST 2007… just go out and make sure we score more runs than any opponent we play

GO FAU

Back to the top

pitching, hitting………i don't care……just win

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

ULL looke dlike crap on CSS last night - i dont know if anyone caught that or not - no pun intended :)
Back to the top

just bought my $9.95 package on sun belt sports.org and i am ready for FAU to beat middle tennessee wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m.!!

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

game time… the feed on sunbeltsports.org feed began and it's time to play ball

GO OWLS

Back to the top
Control functions: