Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The need for a Baseball Stadium

Add topic

"I wondered that myself. I asked Angelos if the stadium was designed to be enlarged if needed. He never responded to my question."

he hasnt answered anyones questions for over a month…i think he is in hiding! lol…….
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

i had a chance to speak to angelos about the baseball stadium… he told me that they are "close" to getting the $10 million needed to really build a nice, beautiful park, encompassing the fieldhouse as the grandstand and the the lockerrooms, training rooms, batting cages, etc, with the seats on top of that, looking into the field… if that makes any sense

i think what gets lost in all this is craig angelos has the shittiest job in america, possibly… imagine how hard this is to balance to an athletic deparment growing in every sport SIMULTANEOUSLY… the 3 major programs (football, basketball, baseball) have outstanding coaches (two of which are hall-of-famers, one who is cracking the ice as an amazing coach)… no money is had at hand and attendance flat-out SUCKS, across the spectrum… how does he please everyone? the answer is it's IMPOSSIBLE… angelos does an OUTSTANDING job doing his best to grow the program equally amongst all sports… there is NO simple answer to any of these concerns we all have.. we all need to go through the growing pains together and it will pay off down the road

GO OWLS

so basically the thing will be done before the football stadium? well before it sounds like…
Back to the top

i truly believe it will be done before a football stadium… that's just my gut feeling… i have NO evidence or word form anyone to justify that feeling, but it's just my gut feeling

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

i think you are right on this given what has happened so far and what Angelos has basically said in press and quotes regarding the matter...
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Here is a look at the proposed baseball stadium. It looks pretty damn nice.

http://www.cstv.com/au…ebl/auto_pdf/stadium-info

GO OWLS!!!

It does look very nice indeed EXCEPT for the HUGE HUGE oversight of having no Owl logos whatsoever on it. I don't know what FAU's problem is. They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on branding to never use it, then complain about the fact that they have an identity problem and that students don't care about athletics. If it was UF, they'd have a Gator head on each building, on flags from the ceiling, over the entrance to the stadium, and on the gates that surround the stadium.

When you bring this sort of thing up to FAU's administrative people, they act like it's a truly novel idea that they've never considered.

It should be the very first consideration.
Back to the top
Control functions: