Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Scout.com to be bought by Myspace???

Add topic

Just saw this on the Fanhaus…anyone know anything about this?

Update: MySpace & Scout.com Wedding Official
Posted Jun 9th 2007 3:26AM by Brian Grummell
Filed under: NCAA FB Recruiting, Breaking News

Need further confirmation of the story the FanHouse broke all this week? We got it. Check out this message board posting at the Bucknuts website, formerly Scout's Ohio State affiliate:
The Scout Oklahoma website, OUInsider, considered at one time to be the 'flagship' of the Scout fleet has pulled up anchor and set sail. . . .As part of the dissolution, the site has given back to Scout management of the once popular Sooners Illustrated magazine.

We called the newly independent Oklahoma website for their comments this morning.

"We felt like our customers we're not getting their monies worth with Scout," publisher Brian Bishop said. "This on-going message board debacle was the last straw, and I doubt that Scout can survive it. We had no choice but to let the sucker sink and try to load as many customers as possible into the lifeboats before next weeks' announcement from Scout that they will become MySpace Sports."

Bishop went on to opine, "Imagine that – you'll now be crossing paths with your fourth grader as you visit you favorite team site. That's not exactly the affiliation we wanted when we signed on the Scout."
Heh. Just in case you still can't believe what's happening, we have more proof: Scout's website is already posting job listings for the new MySpace/Scout merger. Check out the logo (below):

Will this new venture plug the leaks or are more publishers bound to jump ship at the sight of the reworked Scout.com platform? Stay tuned …
Back to the top

ironically, i got an e-mail asking if i was interested in covering for them…dont know how they got my info, but i responded to clarify exactly what they were looking for…probably similar to rivals.com so i doubt i will do anything like that…im not into "paying for recruiting information", and think it is ethically challenged…

but if they wanted to present something ethical, i MIGHT consider…dont know what that would be though…….maybe providing live stats servicing, or injury updates, etc for thier site in a general sense…who knows…
Back to the top

Interesting.

ESPN will soon be having their own competing site. That's where OU, OSU* and UF took their sites.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Interesting.

ESPN will soon be having their own competing site. That's where OU, OSU* and UF took their sites.

this is really becoming BIG business…doesnt surprise me the Sooners hopped on it…

i dont know if anyone has ever been to Norman, OK…i lived there for three years…on game day the whole town was marron…crazy obssessed with football…

after OSU (Oklahoma State) beat them at home, in i believe 2002, it was absolute despair…the entire place seem to be an a funk…you could have heard a pin drop in the stadium…except for the OSU fans…

anyway, the big schools will set the course…wonder if we will ever land there…
Back to the top

If the BOT has anything to do with it we won't
Back to the top

Talon said

If the BOT has anything to do with it we won't

:o :o :o

Now that's good comedy.
Back to the top

Talon said