Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Basketball arena capacity?

Add topic

What is the official capacity of your basketball arena? ???
Back to the top

I believe after the renovation going on currently is complete, the seating capcity will be 7500.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Not to be negative, but does it really matter? At least there will be more graduation tickets available!
Back to the top

The old capacity was 5000. Not sure of the new capacity. I wish that were an issue.

I think the average last year was about 900.
Back to the top

i believe it is as faualum stated…it is listed on one of Angelos' blog replies at fausports.com if i am not mistaken…
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Not to be negative, but does it really matter? At least there will be more graduation tickets available!

I was just answering his question.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I'm guessing that competing for fans in the Florida market it rough.
Back to the top

Half competition, half apathy. We compete with NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB teams in our area on top of the fact that a large majority of people in South Florida aren't originally from here, so they have no ties to our University.

Even the pro teams deal with this problem- When the NY and Philly teams come in to town, we get sellouts though.
Have you ever seen a Marlins game on TV? HUNDREDS of people in Dolphin Stadium!
Back to the top

Our problem in Little Rock is different, but similar in some regards. In Arkansas the Hog is supreme, with Fayetteville ACTIVELY politicking to keep a monopoly. No major league sports of any sort in the entire state, but you just can't get around that omnipresent Hog. There is one other D-1 football team and four other D-1 basketball teams in the state, but we can't get more than a cursory nod from the media.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Half competition, half apathy. We compete with NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB teams in our area on top of the fact that a large majority of people in South Florida aren't originally from here, so they have no ties to our University.

Right. A related problem is that the average cost of housing in Boca is multiple times the starting salary of the average FAU graduate, so we can't even live in this town nearby the university. We have to live about 15-30 minutes away and that impedes the connection and involvement of students with the university.
Back to the top
Control functions: