Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Capital Improvement Plan

Add topic

This PDF file is the capital improvement plan the will be approved in the next BoT meeting.

For those that have never looked at a PDF file, on your task bar you can zoom in a make the whole thing larger otherwise you can't read it.

Look at some of the things on here. The stadium and Innovation village are included AND…….

look at # 21; convocation center/arena budgeted for $41.6M

Man! there is going to be some building going on from now until forever.

http://www.fau.edu/bot/files/061307_AFSPA-3.pdf

FAU, the sleeping giant. This university will he huge when all this construction is done.

I didn't see any plans to upgrade the baseball facility. That will more than likely be outside the scope of the funding that these other projects will have.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Capital Improvement Plan

Capital Improvement Plan

The bulldozers never rest at FAU!

Just a note: many of the proposed buildings have been on the plan for years. Until they are funded, they won't be built. The convocation center has been on the plan since before the Innovation Village was hatched (maybe even before we had a football team).

If you're interested in seeing where all the new construction will go, see the updated

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Campus Master Plan.
Back to the top

Capital Improvement Plan

illinoisowl said

This PDF file is the capital improvement plan the will be approved in the next BoT meeting.

For those that have never looked at a PDF file, on your task bar you can zoom in a make the whole thing larger otherwise you can't read it.

Look at some of the things on here. The stadium and Innovation village are included AND…….

look at # 21; convocation center/arena budgeted for $41.6M

Man! there is going to be some building going on from now until forever.

http://www.fau.edu/bot/files/061307_AFSPA-3.pdf

FAU, the sleeping giant. This university will he huge when all this construction is done.

I didn't see any plans to upgrade the baseball facility. That will more than likely be outside the scope of the funding that these other projects will have.

Agreed with Lm77

Some of these things have been on there for awhile (much like how Greek housing was on the 2001 Campus Master Plan and look at how much progress we've made there), but have since moved up in priority.

You noted that #21 is a convocation center/arena budgeted for $41.6M. One of the fortunate things is that FAU uses its arena for local high school graduations and we could pitch it as necessary for that purpose (as well as our own graduations).

That being said, I don't see it happening soon. I mean, as an FAU basketball fan I'd love to see us play in a 10k seater here on-campus… something really awe-inspring… but until we sell out the Burrow on a consistent basis, turning away fans, I don't think the BOT is seriously going to consider it.

Look at #9… Student Life Exterior Renovation… I really want to know what that means. Perhaps that's the Breezeway renovation they wanted to do that Brogan told me would cost about $4 million. But personally I hope it goes into landscaping (we have a lot of dead grass, especially in the parking lot islands; sidewalks (I'd like to see red brick pavers on the side of the sidewalks), and other building enhancements (like taking down the grates on the side of the Breezeway 2nd floor. They just lolok terrible.

I'm amused that it will cost nearly $10 million (see #6) to expand a 2-lane road to 4 lanes. I had no idea these things were so expensive.

But then I hear about how FAU spent something like $40,000 to paint a section of the IRT parking lot (used by residents, you know, who LIVE there) to make more spaces for commuters/professors/visitors and then, when IRT students complained, they spent another $40k to paint it back.

It's the same reason why there was an uproar about the decals… the professors get decals you can hang from your front mirror but we don't.

Decisions like this are made because they don't consult students on the decisions that impact students.
Back to the top
Control functions: