Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New To The Board

Hello

I am new to the board, though I have been following FAU Football for the last two seasons. Rusty Smith went to my sons HS in Jacksonville, FL, & I was glad to see him work his way into the starting line-up. My son will be joining the team this fall as a walk-on. Which was due to the football department's issues they had regarding recruiting. It was noted by the FAU staff & in a story in the Palm Beach newspaper.(http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2007/06/01/a8c_fau_0601.html) We were disappointed because all of our information was sent in on time, but was not looked at until after signing day. At least it was addressed, & my son got an invitation to walk-on.

The FAU program, IMO is doing things right, with their scheduling to build a quality program.
Back to the top

New To The Board

Welcome to the board!

Glad everything worked out for you and your son. What is your son's name? We'll be rooting for him!
Back to the top

New To The Board

New To The Board

Welcome to the board cjdud21:

I had the pleasure meeting Rusty's family and are great people, glad things did work-out for your son and we are truely blessed here at FAU with a great coaching staff - top to bottom.

Here is the link to the article from the PBPost

Doesn't talk about your son, but the deficientcies that nay have been part of the problems :(

Good Luck to your son as a Walk-on during Fall prcatice.
Back to the top

New To The Board

cjdub21 said

Hello

I am new to the board, though I have been following FAU Football for the last two seasons. Rusty Smith went to my sons HS in Jacksonville, FL, & I was glad to see him work his way into the starting line-up. My son will be joining the team this fall as a walk-on. Which was due to the football department's issues they had regarding recruiting. It was noted by the FAU staff & in a story in the Palm Beach newspaper.(http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2007/06/01/a8c_fau_0601.html) We were disappointed because all of our information was sent in on time, but was not looked at until after signing day. At least it was addressed, & my son got an invitation to walk-on.

The FAU program, IMO is doing things right, with their scheduling to build a quality program.

welcome to the board…

please tell me your son is 6-5, 315 lbs, runs a 4.8 forty, has the agility of a cheetah, and could out wrestle kirk anglin… 8-)
Back to the top

New To The Board

Welcome aboard, please let us know who your son is so we can follow his progress.

We have a great program here with alot of people passionate and dedicated to their success.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

New To The Board

Thanks for the welcome. Anyway, my son's name is Brandon Ward. He's 5'11' 228 Lbs, 4.7 40, he plays FB & LB. He plays hard & is a tough, hard working guy. He started both ways in his senior year at FB, LB, DE & TE. The way he played, he was the irresistible force against the immovable object. He's just happy to be getting the invite, & knows that he has to work hard & is excited for the opportunity. We had two 1,000 yd rushers this past season, because of his bone-crushing blocking, & he also has soft hands & catches the ball really well, with 18 receptions. He also had 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries.

Well, that's a little bit about my Lil Guy, Brandon Ward.

Again, thanks for the welcome & we'll see you guys at the games.

Charles Ward
Back to the top

New To The Board

Bytor said

Welcome to the board cjdud21:

I had the pleasure meeting Rusty's family and are great people, glad things did work-out for your son and we are truely blessed here at FAU with a great coaching staff - top to bottom.

Here is the link to the article from the PBPost

Doesn't talk about your son, but the deficientcies that nay have been part of the problems :(

Good Luck to your son as a Walk-on during Fall prcatice.

It was part of the problems, & Coach Corozza pointed it out to me, on our first conversation. He told me that there were, major communications break downs in the department, & he couldn't apologize enough. I was just glad someone, took responsibility & acknowledged the problem. I met an former FAU student at the grocery store & she told me about Coach Corozza, that he was a good guy, & so far she's been spot on.
Back to the top

New To The Board

Anyone with the name of "Charlie Ward" is top in my book !!
Welcome to you and Brandon.

Go Owls !
Go Noles !
Back to the top

New To The Board

cjdub21 said

Thanks for the welcome. Anyway, my son's name is Brandon Ward. He's 5'11' 228 Lbs, 4.7 40, he plays FB & LB. He plays hard & is a tough, hard working guy. He started both ways in his senior year at FB, LB, DE & TE. The way he played, he was the irresistible force against the immovable object. He's just happy to be getting the invite, & knows that he has to work hard & is excited for the opportunity. We had two 1,000 yd rushers this past season, because of his bone-crushing blocking, & he also has soft hands & catches the ball really well, with 18 receptions. He also had 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries.

Well, that's a little bit about my Lil Guy, Brandon Ward.

Again, thanks for the welcome & we'll see you guys at the games.

Charles Ward

Sounds like a PERFECT fit for our FB in HS's offensive system…

almost like a carbon copy of Aaron Sanchez…

if he works as hard as you said he does, he's a shoe in…Howard is a big fan of this prototype…best wishes! Hope to see him accel as an Owl!
Back to the top

New To The Board

Sounds like he will fit in and he could add some nice depth to the FB position.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: