Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Board

Since they brought us up on their message board, it's only fair we do the same! ;D

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1181782985

Not to rehash an old topic but apparently we are delusional for considering them a rival. They don't like to consider us their rival because it makes them feel as though they are not progressing since we are not a "big-time program". I must have missed the announcement proclaiming them "big-time" because the last time I checked we are both in the same conference and pretty much at the same level of program development. Not to mention beating them pretty regularly over the past 5 years in just about every sport.

One message I thought was funny was the guy who says that FAU doesn't interest him and obviously no one else at FIU based on the attendance at their games against us. I guess most sporting events don't interest them much since their attendance for most events is pretty terrible. I realize our attendance isn't anything great either, but I found that quote entertaining.

It really is too bad that they feel this way. A big rivalry between the two schools is the best thing that can happen for all involved. But if they want to consider someone that thinks of them as an afterthought (UM) as their main rival, more power to them.
Back to the top

FIU Board

I almost got sucked in but then I realized it's FIU. They have NO fan base and their entire athletics program is in the gutter. One idiot on their board mentioned the game 2 years ago but of course he failed to mention the overall record…pathetic.

I do believe there are a few, very few, FIU fans who understand that a rivalry between the schools is inevitable and good for both schools.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FIU Board

fauowls44 said

Since they brought us up on their message board, it's only fair we do the same! ;D

http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1181782985

Not to rehash an old topic but apparently we are delusional for considering them a rival. They don't like to consider us their rival because it makes them feel as though they are not progressing since we are not a "big-time program". I must have missed the announcement proclaiming them "big-time" because the last time I checked we are both in the same conference and pretty much at the same level of program development. Not to mention beating them pretty regularly over the past 5 years in just about every sport.

One message I thought was funny was the guy who says that FAU doesn't interest him and obviously no one else at FIU based on the attendance at their games against us. I guess most sporting events don't interest them much since their attendance for most events is pretty terrible. I realize our attendance isn't anything great either, but I found that quote entertaining.

It really is too bad that they feel this way. A big rivalry between the two schools is the best thing that can happen for all involved. But if they want to consider someone that thinks of them as an afterthought (UM) as their main rival, more power to them.

Minus the unfounded "FAU sucks" comments from a few people, I think we're pretty much all on the same page.

We're two developing programs that are likely to be tied at the hip unless something happens like we win the Sun Belt for a couple of years straight and they lose a majority of their games for a couple of years straight (or vice versa… always open to that possibility).

I don't know much about what the tension was like on the football field, but on the basketball court (especially for the last FAU-FIU game) there was definitely something there. It's just a shame that more FIU fans couldn't come to the Burrow for the game.

Hopefully that will change this year.
Back to the top

FIU Board

FIU Board

fauowls44 said

these people have lost thier minds…thier arent players…and they arent even EDUCATED fans..we have had a rivalry with FIU for years as far as players and coaches (on both sides) are concerned…its also been the focal point of MANY marketing campaings here at FAU…give me a break…

Next…….
Back to the top
Control functions: