Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rex Comments on 2008 recruiting efforts...

Add topic

Good stuff:

"The Class of 2008 is going good in terms of recruiting. We have about 15 kids that we are really focusing on and I would like to sign one or two at the minimum for the early signing period. We will definitely be competing with a lot of schools for these players, but we feel good with where we are at right now. I always feel that you should judge a recruit when he has finished his time here at FAU. We feel that we are ahead of the game so far but I always say that "yes means maybe and maybe means no" when it comes to recruiting. There is a lot of work still to be done."

some of the "fifteen" he mentions are head and shoulders above Belt talent…if we do sign 3-4 of these guys we are sure to get at least one gem to go along with an already impressive preliminary line up for 2008…
Back to the top

Rex is obviously looking at the big picture and to the future ;)
Back to the top

It's just unfortunate that Rex doesn't say "things are going well" instead of saying "things are going good."

I know, nitpicking, but come on… college….
Back to the top

Florida Owl, what are some of these guys names? we don't have anything under scout or rivals for the 08 class. I saw on hoop scoop online that we have the one guy Pena interested in us, who's a three star recruit but scout has him interested in FIU.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to FIU over us. It really boggles my mind.

What other inside info do you have?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

It's just unfortunate that Rex doesn't say "things are going well" instead of saying "things are going good."

I know, nitpicking, but come on… college….

i dont know how much better you could take this commentary…Rex will be the first guy to say he is a "half full guy" when it comes to forecasting…he said the same statment basically three times…i would feel more than comfortable with the fact that the possibility of FAU landing one or two more SBC stars is in the making…and that 08 and 09 could be the absolute breakout year for FAU Hoops…when we all have to schedule vacation time to make the trip to the regionals - deep…
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Florida Owl, what are some of these guys names? we don't have anything under scout or rivals for the 08 class. I saw on hoop scoop online that we have the one guy Pena interested in us, who's a three star recruit but scout has him interested in FIU.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to FIU over us. It really boggles my mind.

What other inside info do you have?

he has made a return to Kansas for a JUCO center named Alex Rivas-Sanchez …6-10…light on weight at 230…but the guy can swat shots like a machine…and has a soft touch around the hoop…he runs the floor VERY well for his size…similiar to Noah from UF…sick amount of schools after him - and mid to high majors are in the pack…but i would not count us out…Rex has BIG Kansas pull….

Pena is in the same boat…mid to high majors all on board…but i would nto put alot of stock in this kid coming here…call it a gut if you want on him though…

im telling you to keep an eye on the JUCO here in state…i posted about him on a previous thread…i think we have a very good shot at this PF that would give us much needed size in the league…he is a bit of a sleeper, and i think his upside potential is HUGE under Rex…David Gabriel:

http://www.powerbasketball.com/toprecruit.html

http://www.scc-fl.edu/athletics/mbasketball/rosters/davidgabriel.htm

he is now 6-9…and bigger…260lbs worth of bigger…

thats all i can validate at this time…
Back to the top
Control functions: