Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schedule Predictions

To pass time and have some fun until practices kick off in August and the first game on Sep 1, what do you think the Owl's record will be this season:

Sept.1 vs. MTSU (narrow win at home for FAU)
Sept.8 at Oklahoma St. (loss, but respectable game)
Sept.15 vs. Minnesota, at Dolphin Stadium (narrow win that will really put the team on a high)
Sept.22 at North Texas (win coming off the MN game)
Sept.29 at Kentucky (KY tough this year; could get ugly early)
Oct.6 vs. South Forida (toss up. I think FAU has a chance if they don't get down early; have to contain Groethe)
Oct.20 at La-Lafayette (tough win on the road)
Oct.27 vs. La-Monroe (Homecoming) (win big)
Nov.10 vs. Arkansas St. (rest of bye week and riding a good record, beat Ark. State again)
Nov.17 at Florida (ouch!!)
Nov.24 at FIU (win against an improved FIU setting up the conference championship at Troy)
Dec.1 at Troy (toss up. Troy has edge at home, but a much, much better FAU team on offense and defense has a real shot at winning the Sun Belt)
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

MTSU will not be close - clint marks has LEFT THE BUILDING…and Rusty Smith will throw two bombs to the likes of Lestar Jean and/or Darrian Williams…

FAU 31 - MTSU 13…

OK State - agree 28 - 14…

Minnesota - Toss up…

North Texas - Win…10 points…

Kentucky - not so sure on this one…need more info on the Cats, but not going to be ugly…14 points at best if they win…

USF - toss up…

Cajuns - they will stink…we win 14 +…

Monroe - could be closer than most think…they ave a good team this year…we will win, but only going 10 on the spread, unless we shut down the run…then we win by 14+…

Indians - win 10+ if we shut the run down…similiar to Monroe in offensive attack…but better team overall…

UF - Gators 41 - Owls 27…moral victory if we can put up 3 TDs on them at home…they wont be the team they had last year - period.

FIU - we drive 10K+ to their "stadium" and SPANK them again…but closer than last year: FAU by 10+…

Troy - toss up…if their QB goes down - whcih for some odd reason i think he will finally catch the injury "bug" - we are cruising to NO Bowl…….otherwise, it will be a tough game on the road, and too close to call…
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Here are my early predictions:

MTSU W 27-17 (Close early, FAU pulls it out in the 2nd half)
@OSU L 24-14 (FAU keeps it close, but OSU is just too talented and physical)
MINN L 31-10 (Minnesota runs the ball and eats up the clock on their way to a win)
@UNT W 24-10 (FAU dominates to go 2-0 in the SBC)
@UK L 35-10 (Kentucky's All-American QB has a big day and hands FAU a loss)
USF W 27-24 (FAU keeps it close throughout and wins late with a field goal)
@ULL W 31-21 (FAU handles ULL for a 10 point win)
ULM W 21-10 (It is a dogfight, but FAU prevails)
ASU W 17-14 (Low scoring with plenty of defense. FAU wins a close one)
@UF L 38-10 (UF rolls. FAU adds points late in the game to make it respectable)
@FIU W 35-21 (FAU dominates this battle and brings home another Shula Trophy)
@TROY L 24-17 (A close game..even with an FAU loss FAU wins the SBC!!!)

OVERALL FAU FINISHES 7-5 (6-1 in the SBC)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Owlfan, I'm not complaining, you need to check your stats. You have FAU going 7-0 SBC on your game by game. That great but you put FAU at 6-1 SBC on the overall finish.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Good call. I jumped the gun. It should be FAU losing to Troy in the final. Way to rain on everyone's parade :)

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Florida_Owl said

MTSU will not be close - clint marks has LEFT THE BUILDING…and Rusty Smith will throw two bombs to the likes of Lestar Jean and/or Darrian Williams…

FAU 31 - MTSU 13…

I don't know. We have some pretty god DB's and Safety's. I would guess more like: FAU 21- MT 14, if you guys win. I really don't think you will, but I admit I am biased. Our new QB has more speed and a better arm than Marks. If he can keep his head in the game, it may not matter that Marks is gone. Also, we have an excellent D line and are decent at LB's.
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

with all due respect i have head nothing about your QB…now, that can be good or bad…but i have heard from ALOT of different sites that Rusty is the favorite to become the best passer in the Belt…no doubt he has what i have seen as the stongest arm…

i dont know much about your DBs either…but the two long receivers we signed are good…this i do know…

and im not biased, just being objective based on facts and figures…

but who nows, anythign can happen in the SBC…i think that is changing this year though…the league is alot stronger and osme teams are sperating themselves…
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Florida_Owl said

i have heard from ALOT of different sites that Rusty is the favorite to become the best passer in the Belt…no doubt he has what i have seen as the stongest arm…

The best passer in the Belt? I haven't seen that. No doubt Rusty will be improved but Troy's Omar Haugabook is definitely the QB to beat. With over 2,400 yards, 21 TD passes last season, Rusty is going to have a hell of a time to overtake the defending player of the year in the Belt.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

Schedule Predictions

No? Well see it here then…courtesy of FoxSports on MSN:

"Best Offensive Player: Sophomore QB Rusty Smith. Eventually, he?ll be the Sun Belt?s best passing quarterback. He doesn?t have any mobility and he?s still too erratic, but he has a big arm, great size, and the potential to make the Owl passing game shine."

it's not the only place i have seen such commentary, but i will be sure and add as i i run across them…this one was from today's reading :)

Back to the top

Schedule Predictions

"Potential" is a scary word especially when it is preceded by "doesn't have any mobility" and "too eratic."

I am not knocking the kid. We all have "potential" but not everyone lives up to it. Lets hope he does.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: