Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 depth chart

Marcus posted in his blog the first "official" depth chart of the preseason, straight outof the Sun Belt media guide…

Marcus Nelson Blog

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

think we will be looking at a "deeper" depth chart…i believe our Freshman WR will not only play, but play alot at times…

and Stinson as well…….
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

I'm glad to see Wilds back in the line up at TE. He and Harmon should be a great combination.
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

2008 depth chart

What are/were Wilds injuries ? Is he going to be able to stay healthy ? Can he take the physical play with the bigger teams. He was a running back if I am not mistaken (probably am). I have seen Harmon play, he appears to be on the small side for a T.E. (215 lbs maybe), is he a T.E. or a receiver ? He can catch though, just not sure about the mussel yards after the catch, let alone the key blocking that is needed to run the ball on these bigger D=lines. I know they have a few T.E. in the wings, one 6'5" @ 225-230 lbs right now (appears to be his 2ed Red shirt season - he had surgery last season) - I would love for us to be able to run a double T.E. formation and throw, throw, and throw some more ! Hey can "The Voice still run a route ? - lol !!!! Go Coach - Go OWLS !!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

tampas1owl said

What are/were Wilds injuries ? Is he going to be able to stay healthy ? Can he take the physical play with the bigger teams. He was a running back if I am not mistaken (probably am). I have seen Harmon play, he appears to be on the small side for a T.E. (215 lbs maybe), is he a T.E. or a receiver ? He can catch though, just not sure about the mussel yards after the catch, let alone the key blocking that is needed to run the ball on these bigger D=lines. I know they have a few T.E. in the wings, one 6'5" @ 225-230 lbs right now (appears to be his 2ed Red shirt season - he had surgery last season) - I would love for us to be able to run a double T.E. formation and throw, throw, and throw some more ! Hey can "The Voice still run a route ? - lol !!!! Go Coach - Go OWLS !!!!!!!!!!

Harmon is a TE/WR…i have heard him refered to as such a number of times…if he could (which he should) put on wieght, it would help him and us out ALOT…he has the speed to create mis-matchs in the secondary when coming off the line as a TE, but not when linign up wide as a WR…his size is holding that (TE advantage) back at present…
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

Heard from a pretty good source that Eli Cranor is not coming back to FAU. He is staying in Arkansas and going to another school. Don't know which school.
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

Heard the same thing a while ago but thought it was rumors
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

Florida_Owl said

tampas1owl said

Harmon is a TE/WR…i have heard him refered to as such a number of times…if he could (which he should) put on wieght, it would help him and us out ALOT…he has the speed to create mis-matchs in the secondary when coming off the line as a TE, but not when linign up wide as a WR…his size is holding that (TE advantage) back at present…

He could bring back memories of Crissinger-Hill. He is about the same size as well as similar speed. C-H gave opponents fits when he was able to get off of the line and downfield. Hopefully Harmon is half the TE C-H was.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

2008 depth chart

Back to the top

2008 depth chart

I wish him luck at his new school and hopes he has the opportunity to shine.

Freshman year is quite tough, especially if you are coming from being a leader in a starting position and being away from family and friends.

Good Luck Eli.

Back to the top
Control functions: