Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF Hiring freeze and cut backs

Add topic

Just heard this on the news this morning.

Link to News Article from the Orlando sentinel.com
Back to the top

I modified the link above for it to work correctly.
Back to the top

This is bad. FAU is facing similar cuts. Read the comments. FAU's reputation is about as low as I've seen it.

Link to the Sun-Sentinel.com Article

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Thanks Bytor, I neglected to check it before I posted 8-), and I can't open Illi's
Back to the top

Also, this was the one I was looking for on- line,. I saw in the paper after seeing it on T.V..

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070712/NEWS01/707120339/1006
Back to the top

Does anyone find it odd that the state is cutting funding AND will not let the universities raise tuition. This is going to cause alot of problems.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I just hope the BOT doesn't see this as another opportunity to stall. It kind of plays right in to there hands. I can hear it now " guy everybody look we have another excuse and we didn't have to come up with it the state did".
Back to the top

Talon said

I just hope the BOT doesn't see this as another opportunity to stall. It kind of plays right in to there hands. I can hear it now " guys, everybody, look we have another excuse and we didn't have to come up with it the state did".

If you look at what happened in the May meeting, the BOT was not stalling it – administration was.
Back to the top

Talon said

Thanks Bytor, I neglected to check it before I posted 8-), and I can't open Illi's

No Problemo - Modified the Illi's link as well.
Back to the top

You are correct Owl Country but the numerous times before that were the BOT and I just trying to point out they will take advantage of it. The May debacle was due somewhat to changes made to the original plans but the guy did drop the ball, I agree.
Back to the top
Control functions: