Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Moving to NYC

Add topic

Unfortunately but fortunately I am moving away from Boca Raton and my beloved FAU to NYC today. I will no longer be able watch the games live while at home and/or join the Rowdy Rex's losing their voice……but if they're anyone up north I will be happy to meet up and watch the games when we can. Take care to everyone still in SoFlo and heeeelloooo NYC

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

I think one of the board members live up there. One of the "exit" members I believe. Someone hosted the game party up there in NYC last year. I don't remember who it was.

There was a ton of New Yorkers going to FAU while I was there so don't be too surprised if you run into a few alumni.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

jvowl said

Unfortunately but fortunately I am moving away from Boca Raton and my beloved FAU to NYC today. I will no longer be able watch the games live while at home and/or join the Rowdy Rex's losing their voice……but if they're anyone up north I will be happy to meet up and watch the games when we can. Take care to everyone still in SoFlo and heeeelloooo NYC

Take care jvowl…

see you around here still hopefully……. :)
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

jvowl,

what's going? I live in NYC on the upper east side and usually meet up with another friend to watch whatever games are on TV at local bars.

Last year some alum had a party at Madison Square Garden for the UL game on the deuce. about 20 people showed up.

there's a good amount of alum in the area and I hope they can send out an email or letter to area alum before the URI basketball game or another game if its in the area to get party going beforehand. Hopefully raise some money too. email me if your around to watch a game or two: [email protected]
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

there's a good amount of alum in the area and I hope they can send out an email or letter to area alum before the URI basketball game or another game if its in the area to get party going beforehand. Hopefully raise some money too. email me if your around to watch a game or two: [email protected]

Not to change the subject. Exit, there is an article about you on the FAU athletics website. Your trip to Indonesia.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

yeah, it was a pretty cool trip. went over there surfing for three weeks. the people there were pretty poor. I traded that kid an FAU t-shirt, can of sprite and some medical suplies (bandages, tape, peroxide) for some shells and wood caverings. I also gave him a tooth brush from the airlines because I felt bad about the Sprite.

I sent the pictures to Angelos and he put them up there. I thought it was pretty funny. Slow time of year I supposed.
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

Hey new yorkers and any other area alumni… I'm active in the FAU National Alumni Association and we're currently testing the sucess of constituent groups for the Association. One of the methods they're thinking about using are regionally based Alumni groups, in the cities that have the highest FAU alum population (atlanta, chicago, NYC, for example) and there are already some people at those locations getting it started so if you're interested in learning more or assisting contact Pat Breman or Lee Collier, they can get you in touch with the right people. Pat's email is [email protected]…You can let her know that you've spoken to Ben Dickinson about this and that I sent you that direction.

Good luck in NYC! We'll work on getting a National TV game for you guys!!!
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

Living in Manhattan a lot of college like OSU, Tenn, Texas etc… have a bar that people meet at for the game. It's usually a pretty young and rowdy scene.

I think it would be a good idea to send out a letter to area alumni about a meeting spot to watch games on national television. even a email.

Boston, NY, somewhere in Michigan, New Jersey, etc…
Back to the top

Moving to NYC

Moving to NYC

hey, just starting to get settled in alittle……..still got alot of do…….but yeah I am definetly down I am living with one of my college buddies, which means he is an Owl too! as a a matter of fact 2 of my other friends are moving up here in three weeks……we're starting to take over……but yea I am def want to watch any games possible…….I am still learning wheres where in NYC, think thats gonna take me a while……..but ill figure it out…..

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top
Control functions: