Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We need to schedule Miami

I was looking for an audio interview from the Media Day in Tampa with Schnelly and came across this. Thought you all may enjoy it

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/07/fau-um-canes-ow.html#comments
Back to the top

Looks like the blogers are in favor of a game and some nice comments about coach S.

2009 should be a good year to play UM. FAU will be that much better in 2 seasons and I think UM and the fans that attend the game will be impressed with what Howard has done to raise this start up program.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I thought I'd heard something in the past that because the way Howard left UM, they would never play us?
Back to the top

Something like 80% of fans agree that Coach deserves a game with the U.

That would be sweet indeed.
Back to the top

It appears that they have an opening on their OCC schedule in 2012 also. We could possibly get a 1 for 1 or worst case a 2 for 1 with 2012 at home in the new stadium.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I agree, can you see us playing Miami at home. We would have a riot, as we will only have a 30,000 seat stadium, where will everybody go ? Another sell out, maybe we do need the 40,000 seat stadium as a starting point, after all it will be 2012. Just that many more people down here in Beautiful South Florida !!

We need to Think Ahead, Think Big. Always Think Big !!!
It's kind of like when they build a road, they always seem to come back just a few years later and make it wider/bigger. At three or four times the original cost. If they would just plan ahead a few years, then all the commuters would have had a much quicker and enjoyable ride. Allowing for growth in the community and or area. We have all seen it, and thought it was simply poor planning. Well it's the same thing with the stadium. Don't we plan on growth, expansion into a BCS Conference. With Schnellys track record, and the teams current status (as far as development), it wont be that long people. Just a few more years, then it's, Broadway of the College Football World.

Yes please schedule Miami, we need it in more ways than one !!

Go Owls !!!!

Give a Hoot - send D-Owl an e-mail, along with a pledge. The Big meeting is just days a way. Get on board ! Hoot Hoot !!
Back to the top

We all keep saying how young FAU is. Does anyone realize that UM was only 52 years old when Howard got there in 1978. Classes were first held in 1926. FAU has been around 43 years. 46 years if you use the 1961 charter date.

FIU was chartered 1965 and opened for classes in 1972. They are using 1965 as their beginning and will be celebrating 50 years in 2015.

FAU is using the year classes began.

Out of curiosity I checked FIU's board to see their reaction to the possiblity of an FAU/UM game. It isn't too popular over there.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Pay no attention to what those clowns at FIU think.

The series should've been canceled the moment after the brawl and FAU should've been scheduled in their place.
Back to the top

I just hope something can be done about a game before to long. I really think having the Pipe at the game would be great. ;)
Back to the top

canes0177 said

Pay no attention to what those clowns at FIU think.

The series should've been canceled the moment after the brawl and FAU should've been scheduled in their place.

That brawl could have cost FIU future dates with the canes and possibly opened the door for FAU :D
Back to the top
Control functions: