Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stinson out for 2007 season

Marcus' blog says a knee injury will keep Xavier Stinson from enrolling until spring semester. Hopefully he doesn't lose his way and actually makes it to FAU…

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/

…does this count as negative reporting?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Its the curse of the running back recruit. This has happened to us every year for about the last 3 years. Not injury though, usually grades.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Marcus' blog says a knee injury will keep Xavier Stinson from enrolling until spring semester. Hopefully he doesn't lose his way and actually makes it to FAU…

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/

…does this count as negative reporting?

dammit dammit dammit.

sorry if I can't say that.

I was really looking forward to his contributions in our USF and UF games.

Maybe we could send him an email or something and just say that the fans here at FAU are hoping for his recovery and look forward to 2008!
Back to the top

the only consolation is that he may have been red shirted this year but this will put him behind in his development.

Back to the top

it does suck because we were hoping that he could come in and make an impact as a true frosh but we're sitting on some very experienced backs in the stable right now, we shouldn't get down.

I really want to see X play but as of right now, he is untested, and unseen, we should be excited about the backs we have ready to go!
Back to the top

We do have some good backs ready to go. Pierre seems to get better every year and he is a junior this year I believe. With an experienced line coming back, the run should work better this year. Edgecomb will be back also. The JC transfer Blanchard should be a good addition. We have a walk on, I think his last name is Ward, coming in as a FB. Rose is ready to go. We aren't lacking in the RB department for once.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Let's not forget about "fast willie floyd"!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Its the curse of the running back recruit. This has happened to us every year for about the last 3 years. Not injury though, usually grades.

Is that a usual problem for recruits at FAU? How many signee's in the past haven't been able to report at their requested reporting dates?
Back to the top

We need to continue to fill the depth each year so this is one less spot we have to worry about this upcoming recruiting session. Unless the RB is to good to pass on, but having Stinson in the wings helps in the future.
Back to the top

cjdub21 said

illinoisowl said

Is that a usual problem for recruits at FAU? How many signee's in the past haven't been able to report at their requested reporting dates?

It seems to have been running backs. This is the first time an injury has kept an RB recruit from enrolling. In the past it has been grades. We had a good RB recruit lined up each year for the past 2 or 3 years that didn't qualify to enroll. I don't know the exact number or all the names. One was Corderro Drummond who just finished a year of JC in Texas.

Back to the top
Control functions: