Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What's sad...

Add topic

…is that this forum is 100x more informative than the school newspaper (see www.upressonline.com) and the university's press releases put together.

The minute something happens, it's here. This forum really is the best place on the planet for FAU information, sports or otherwise.

Is there any way to affiliate this board with FAU athletics so they can promote it on campus?
Back to the top

What's sad...

What's sad...

Athletics cannot get involved and must stay at arms lenght, but have given us the freedom to hand out flyers in the past.

I am working to make the site even better, with a WordPress blogging, might look for some students to take part in this & many other cool sports info links with the hopes to keep Owls fans as well informed as possible.

It has caused me to be slower in keeping-up with the current site, but hopefully within the next couple of weeks, I should be able to get back to a normal schedule.
Back to the top

What's sad...

I still don't understand why FAU won't drop a link or two to this site from its site(s). It could include a disclaimer saying that this site is not affiliated with FAU and might not express official FAU sentiments.

FAU already provides links to advertisers, photographers and others. Why link to the most supportive site of FAU athletics and the university in general?

I am going to start putting this question to every FAU official I can approach.
Back to the top

What's sad...

I totally agree with you guys. I found this site a few months back purely by chance. I did a search on Google under "FAU Football" and after a bit the Owls Nest came up. Sure glad I found you guys, but it should definitely not be by chance. I thought it would be on Fausports.com at the very least.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

What's sad...

Bytor said

Athletics cannot get involved and must stay at arms length

Can you elaborate?

I always get these kind of answers from FAU officials and it's the most frustrating thing in the world (when I get it from them, not you)

Back to the top

What's sad...

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Athletics cannot get involved and must stay at arms length

Can you elaborate?

I always get these kind of answers from FAU officials and it's the most frustrating thing in the world (when I get it from them, not you)

I would think it is because they (FAU Athletics) cannot control the content of the posts to this board. If anything controversial or illegal is posted, they do not want the university to be blamed or held responsible.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

What's sad...

But FAU is already offering links to advertisers, photographers and others, without control of content on those sites.
Back to the top

What's sad...

BMarkey said

But FAU is already offering links to advertisers, photographers and others, without control of content on those sites.

That was just my guess. I really don't know the answer.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

What's sad...

There can many different reason why, message boards are funny creatures at times - this one is fairly good natured for the most part. In time maybe things could change!
Back to the top

What's sad...

It has to do with recruiting...
Back to the top
Control functions: