Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue Shovel update

Add topic

Blue Shovel update

tampas1owl said

Thanks for the quick response. I like it, it's metal and won't be allowed in the stadium I fear. But for Tailgating, WOW !!!!!

Of course. However, I do get to take something metal and much larger into the stadium:
And I don't get to tailgate that much too. I'll bring it with me to Fan Fest and the scrimmage, if i can make it tomorrow.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

Yes you do !! Thank you thank you !!!!!

Great photo !!!!
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

GhostOfBuchanan said

Are these things really only going to be 12"?

If so, that's weak.

You can't have people bringing full size shovels into a stadium…whatever they allow in is fine…remember this whole thing is to get a point across, not to see who can sneak the biggest shovel into lockhart.
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

Blue Shovel update

Aye, Great Shovel for the tailgating, Would love to see a thousand of those stuck in the ground next to all the cars. As a few have said, that would be to close to the line for security for an in the stadium deal.

As a side note, things are progressing on the shovel front, a lot of this is now very routine administrative details. Checks are coming in, Vendor contacted, Flyer being reviewed. We are working as hard as we can, within our RL jobs and families, to make this a reality.

Thanks to everyone for thier support wether it be monetary or simply words of encouragement. No matter what Owl fans HAVE spoken up and more people are fired up then Ive ever seen em!

Lets go OWLS!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

owlfamily said

Aye, Great Shovel for the tailgating, Would love to see a thousand of those stuck in the ground next to all the cars.

We're hopefully going to be doing that for another purpose (Bury the Burrow III).
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

I'm loving the shovel idea… I 'd love to use it to dig a mass grave for MT… the blue balls team… LMAO
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

I didn't mean my comment to be negative against the whole shovel movement.

It was more meant to be negative towards our security folks, who most likely said that 12" and plastic would be the parameters for being allowed into the stadium. If that isn't the case, then I apologize for being incorrect.

I didn't give any money for a number of reasons, which I won't go into. I have done plenty for the program over the years, which others who know me can attest to.

The amusing thing about this is how some athletic employees are all about organizing this, even though it's a clear blast against the BOT!! Also, I know for a fact that the Director of Football Operations knew nothing about this shovel effort as of last Wednesday. Something smells fishy.

Now, Tuba's shovel is more like it…..
Back to the top

Re: Blue Shovel update

Has anyone heard anymore about this. The stadium has been approved and things are moving along. Just wondered how the $50 I sent is going to be used.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Has anyone heard anymore about this. The stadium has been approved and things are moving along. Just wondered how the $50 I sent is going to be used.

Good question. I haven't heard anything since prior to week one. I figured we would see some evidence of something going on. What happened to the thousands of blue shovels that were supposed to be handed out against MTSU??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

illinoisowl said

Good question. I haven't heard anything since prior to week one. I figured we would see some evidence of something going on. What happened to the thousands of blue shovels that were supposed to be handed out against MTSU??

GO OWLS!!!

Question of the Day. Whatever happened to that guy, Ed? What was his name on here… tampaowl? D-Owl? Doesn't someone on here have his email?
Back to the top
Control functions: