Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF joins USF in "tier 3"

Add topic

FAU remains in the lowest tier…

UCF Moves Up in Best Colleges Ranking
Back to the top

UCF improved its performance in the area of the acceptance ratio of students, SAT scores, graduation rates and freshman retention rate among others. The rankings were based on data from the 2005-2006 academic year.

These being some of the criteria, FAU really has to improve on freshman retention. The others have shown improvement.

Getting us out of tier 4 could be something Brogan can do to restore his and FAU's reputation that has been under severe scrutiny the last few months.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Lm77 said

FAU remains in the lowest tier…

UCF Moves Up in Best Colleges Ranking

But if I remember correctly, they moved from Tier 4 –> Tier 3 and then back again, and now they're going back up to 3?

We'll see how they do next year.
Back to the top

Who cares, I like the boycott of the rankings by US News that some of the college Presidents are doing. I dont' think you can rank universities like that.
Back to the top

apetbrown said

Who cares, I like the boycott of the rankings by US News that some of the college Presidents are doing. I dont' think you can rank universities like that.

Would you feel the same way if FAU moved into the top tier?
Back to the top

I would, what difference does it make if the system sucks it sucks no matter if your in it our not.
Back to the top

The US News poll is a popularity contest, but as a result it reflects our reputation. The worst news (for the state) is that UF slipped to 49, almost out of the top 50. For the state flagship that's unacceptable. UF received the most resources and should be better than that. The next best public school is FSU, at 112. *All* public universities in FL need to raise their reputation. Things will look a lot better if FAU and FIU ever manage to get out of the bottom tier.
Back to the top
Control functions: