Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN - Conference Champions

Back to the top

troy is a popular pick, for obvious reasons… surprised at the one ULL pick… i think if there is a "trendy" pick other than troy, i'd go with arkansas state

my pick, of course, is FLORIDA ATLANTIC, ha

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

They are also the easy pick to make. I highly doubt any of those "experts" making those picks took much time researching each team in the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

No doubt that Troy and MT are the teams to beat right now. You guys seem to have the ability to beat the lesser teams in the Sunbelt (well, you did beat us with our old coach that couldn't coach very well). Your best win last year in conference was ASU and you really hammered them so it shows you guys have some talent, even if it was a home game. From what I've seen you lines are small, but that may not mean anything on the filed. It's too hard to tell. I suspect that you guys will be a middle of the pack team in conference with UNT adding coach Dodge and will MT and Troy already solidified. I think it will take about 3 more years before you challenge for the title and with WKU up and running by then, it will be even harder. Being in Florida is nice for recruiting, so maybe it won't take as long as I think, but I just don't see you guys coming in higher than thrid this year. Good luck and if you do win it all, I'll come back and retract my statement.
Back to the top

BlueRaiderFn said

No doubt that Troy and MT are the teams to beat right now. You guys seem to have the ability to beat the lesser teams in the Sunbelt (well, you did beat us with our old coach that couldn't coach very well). Your best win last year in conference was ASU and you really hammered them so it shows you guys have some talent, even if it was a home game. From what I've seen you lines are small, but that may not mean anything on the filed. It's too hard to tell. I suspect that you guys will be a middle of the pack team in conference with UNT adding coach Dodge and will MT and Troy already solidified. I think it will take about 3 more years before you challenge for the title and with WKU up and running by then, it will be even harder. Being in Florida is nice for recruiting, so maybe it won't take as long as I think, but I just don't see you guys coming in higher than thrid this year. Good luck and if you do win it all, I'll come back and retract my statement.

Lucky for you, you do not make picks for a living. I think you are in La La Land on your assessment of MT. You guys are not near as good as you think you are and we are going to show you that on Sept. 1st.

The only reason MT beat us last year is because we were playing with a Freshman & Sophomore team. As for where we will be ranked in the Sunbelt….DEFINATELY # 1 and then we will be moving forward into the Big East and leave you MT chumps in our dust.

Back to the top

BlueRaiderFn said

Have you been paying attention to the players you have been losing. I think you have lost 9 players in the last 2 weeks and a few of them were big name starters.

Don't you think this is going to impact the teams ability to not get the crap kicked out of them? ;D ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Lucky for you, you do not make picks for a living. I think you are in La La Land on your assessment of MT. You guys are not near as good as you think you are and we are going to show you that on Sept. 1st.

The only reason MT beat us last year is because we were playing with a Freshman & Sophomore team. As for where we will be ranked in the Sunbelt….DEFINATELY # 1 and then we will be moving forward into the Big East and leave you MT chumps in our dust.

We did pretty well against you guys the last two meetings and your line looks awfully small. It is a home game for you guys and you could beat us, but I doubt it with our defense. As far as moving to the Big East, win the Sunbelt a few times, amke it to a few bowl games and then you might make it…If everything lines up just right. Just be happy with the Sunbelt for now, or maybe Conf USA ;)
Back to the top

Have you been paying attention to the players you have been losing. I think you have lost 9 players in the last 2 weeks and a few of them were big name starters.

Don't you think this is going to impact the teams ability to not get the crap kicked out of them? ;D ;D

Yeah, but from what I hear, we have enough to fill the holes and hang with most teams in the Sunbelt. We will have trouble with Troy due to lack of depth now, but we should be able to win most Sunbelt games. If we lose any more, then we may have a problem, but it won't matter for our game with you guys unless we lose a couple of starters at the beginging of the game.
Back to the top

BlueRaiderFn said

Yeah, but from what I hear, we have enough to fill the holes and hang with most teams in the Sunbelt. We will have trouble with Troy due to lack of depth now, but we should be able to win most Sunbelt games. If we lose any more, then we may have a problem, but it won't matter for our game with you guys unless we lose a couple of starters at the beginging of the game.
What is it like in that little world you have created for yourself in there? When you would like a little dose of reality come back to the board after the opening game and I'll explain it to you, with pictures.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

BlueRaiderFn said

What is it like in that little world you have created for yourself in there? When you would like a little dose of reality come back to the board after the opening game and I'll explain it to you, with pictures.

Win or lose I'll be back to say "good game" and set the record straight on who was or was not correct in their predictions. I think you are letting that first win with Coach Mac at the helm go to your head. This is not the same team…Not even close. Like I said: It wouldn't surprise me to see you guys win, but I doubt it. I think we just have too much talent, especially at WR. However, the heat may be a problem. We have been training in 100+ degree heat here, so I hope it won't matter.
Back to the top
Control functions: