Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fanfest

So give us some information if you made it Saturday, pictures would be nice. Had to watch the litle one so I couldn't go.

How was the crowd? Did they look crisp?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Fanfest

This is not a good sign ???

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Fanfest

No word so far…what happened at FANFEST???

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fanfest

I stopped by Fanfest briefly. I got there early on and didn't stay for the scrimmage. I was in the area and just wanted to see what was going on, look at the arena renovations, and pick up a schedule poster. There were probably 200-300 people there at 1:30. I don't think that the scrimmage actually started until 3:00pm or so. I can't speak for how the team looked other than from what Ted's blog said about it being sloppy. If that is the case, i'm not too concerned about that since the coaches have been pleased with the practices for the most part. I'm sure whatever sloppiness there was will be taken care of by the next scrimmage and the team will be much sharper.

As for the Arena, it looks like it is coming along nicely. They started painting and the outside, when finished, will be a BIG improvement.
Back to the top

Fanfest

Fanfest

The scrimmage had it's moments.

I went in expecting the same stuff from practices & the first scrimmage, it didn't turn-out quite as good. There was was to many dropped balls for the offense, especially if receivers want to move-up the depth chart - not a good way to do so.

Both sides had their moments and could have had one of those off-days, it happens even to the best of them. I am not too concerned considering all the good that has transpired so far, this team is still ahead of where they were last year at this juncture.

Both side made some great plays and mistakes along the way, leaving room to work a few kinks before Sept 1st. In retrospec, I am not overly concerned, the players have been working very hard and should rebound.

We still need to do better at punt & kick-off coverage.

D-Owl was a lone ranger out there for the Blue Shovel movement, handing out flyer & info to Owls fans.

Back to the top

Fanfest

Anytime a coach apologizes for the performance of their team, you know it's bad. Schnellenberger did just that before 500 fans that attended your FanFest according to an article on PalmBeachPost.com.
Back to the top

Fanfest

Guys have bad days in practice. Call it nerves, excitement, fatigue, whatever. One bad practice doesn't mean that the whole year looks bleak.

Overall, the coaches seem very pleased with the way the team has performed throughout camp. That is more telling than a single practice that is open to the public.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fanfest

I will take the positive spin on the poor performance. You never want to have a poor performance but it happened. Maybe they were getting a little full of themselves thinking they were so great. This gives the coaches the opportunity to do what they do best and what they get paid for...to coach. Bring the guys back down to reality that nothing is going to be handed to us this year. Re-focus and prove again that it is hard work that will pay off. Hard work has to happen every single game, play, and down. No one is going to hand us the Conference title. Go earn it. Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Fanfest

The guys just came off a three-a-day and before Saturdays scrimmage not only sat out in the hot sun for what and hour signing autographs they lifted as well. Give me a break.These guys have been busting there asses. As far as Coach apologizing I think coming of an very good previous 3-a-day he may have been a bit disappointed. The practices wasn't that bad and it was a ton better than last year. Most of the people I talked to said they would have liked to see a few less dropped passes but all in all it was good and didn't understand what he was apologizing for.
Sorry I think to much is being made out of having a bad day at the office. Raider in the zone Coach you can read into it as much as you want , more I hope. See you at the game.
Back to the top

Fanfest

I'll say this, we either have some bad kick coverage or the best kick returners in football!

I really like our running game, it's finally come along, Willie Rose is excellent, he looked sharp and all three of the tailbacks we ran looked sharp too.

Avery Holley is scared and that's a terrible thing if he's supposed to be one of our starters!
Back to the top
Control functions: