Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue & Red Colors Question

Is it now official since Schnelly decided that Blue is our main football color and red will remain as our main basketball color.

I for one like it, many schools handle it this way.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

When they went through that whole re-branding thing a couple of years ago, the colors were officially decided as blue (PMS 295) red (PMS 200), and flat silver (PMS 428). Obviously white is still in there, but that's something that every school uses. I don't think it was Howard who decided on our main color.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Is it now official since Schnelly decided that Blue is our main football color and red will remain as our main basketball color.

I'm not against it but where did you see this?
Back to the top

Coach is more keen on Blue, then Red - It's more of a personal favoritism then anything.

Back to the top

The blue jerseys look sharp in my opinion. Of course I haven't seen FAU in red, but I like the blue jerseys for football.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I was a memeber of the branding committee…a year and a half out of my life, but all of us tool it seriously.
If you notice any official print materials of the University, the color red is definitely a "secondary" color. That was the final directive of the committee. There were strong feelings that FAU's colors had aways been blue and should remain so. The red had been introduced in the late '80's by the athletic dept as a trim color for the navy in their uniforms.
The banding committee recognized the value of red, but agreed that it was never to be the primary color.
However, for reasons I will not go into, red was allowed to be the featured color in the marketing of basketball. I will point out that this had nothing to do with the coaches.
As a result, the goal of unifying and standardizing our "brand" was compromised within athletics.
You will notice that it is not done across campus. The only use of red as a main color is evident in some of the spirit organizations, who take their lead from athletics.
There are some coaches who do like red. they feel the variety is good.
As one who looks into the stands from the field of play, I think it doesn't work. Our players ask why our fans don't wear the color of our uniforms. It is particulaly bad when the opponents are red.
I have heard the argument that UF and UM have two colors and use both. Again I return to the directive of President Brogan to the branding committee…he wanted the school to be unified and consistent.
Back to the top

Thanks for confirming everything, coach.

There's a big difference when you're UF and UM have color combos that not many schools have, and when they wear one color, they're always trimmed in the other primary color. Our red and blue are pretty standard. If we ever play Arizona in anything big, it's going to be interesting.
Back to the top

i like the red and blue… i think our main color should be red, but that's just my opinion i guess

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I guess I should have said he preferred blue not that it was official.

My vote was to stick with the blue and silver but that was out voted for some reasons as kc20 explained.

For football I'm going with Blue and sticking to the red for basketball since it already got a foothold last year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Blue was always our #1 color. Do schools ever change their primary color?
Back to the top
Control functions: