Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Radio Show Debuts tonight

From the Post:

The FAU SportsPage Radio show will debut at 7 tonight on 640-AM broadcasting from a pep rally at Coyote Jack's Grill on the FAU campus.

Go can find the link at: www.fauowlsnest.com

Look for the WMEN 640 logo.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Oops,

Follow the link above, but use the Man Talk 640 Logo-link for the Radio show, there is no Wmen logo.

Sorry for any confussion.

Back to the top

listening now good show so far and it can't do anything but get the name out there and help the program.
Back to the top

It is a good show, hope more people call in with questions/comments. That's the only way they know we are listening. Although it sounds like they are having some tech issues with the phones. Gonna try to get down there in two weeks (next broadcast). I tell ya, I love Coach, he's all heart.
Back to the top

I missed the show. Was anything of note said? Anything stadium related?
Back to the top

I was just told the coach gave the Shovel Movement a huge plug !!

Thanks Coach, we could not ask for a better "Voice" spreading the word !!

Go OWLSssssssssssssssssssssss !
Back to the top

Does anyone know if the game this weekend will be webcast?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Yeah, a huge plug for the shovel movement, sounds like he loves the idea. He also mention something about the stadium expecting it to be formally approved in a few weeks (BOT meeting)…he sounded extremely optimistic, almost fact like.

-Go owls!
Back to the top

You can listen to the game via the Web on http://www.wjna.com/. (When is WMEN going to change from its old URL?) Click on "Listen Live."

Back to the top

A picture before the Pep Rally, just so those who couldn't be there can get some sort of sense of what it was like (sorry it's blurry… tried three times to no avail)

During the actual Pep Rally, Coyote Jacks filled to the brim, with many many people without seats. The band, dance team, cheerleaders gave incredible performances. They played the fight song and tried to incite cheers but people were mostly silent. FAU students were there but few wanted to put effort into actually doing the cheers. It was pretty depressing. After several rounds of not getting much reaction, SGA VP Abe Cohen took the stage to say a few words and was very vocal about getting their attention and supporting the program. He did a fantastic job. Rusty Smith took the stage and said a few words along the lines of "Yeah, we're going to kick ass this season so come see it" that drew a pretty decent reaction.

And of course the Dance Team was… stunning.

fauowls44 said

I was there and it was hard to make out some of what was being said because Coach mumbles a bit, the sound was rather low, and people were talking.

However, he did mention somethiing to the effect that "I heard some people out there have started a movement with Blue Shovels and how fantastic would it be if people were to come out to the game and support us by buying a $2, $3, $5 shovel and help us get a stadium on-campus!"

He also autographed a blue shovel held by a fan… perhaps somebody on here?

Anyway, talk did veer toward the stadium and Coach said that as he understands it, the BOT will meet in two/three weeks and "approve… a very very high probability" that they will approve an on-campus stadium for 2010. "It's really necessary for the growth of our program and to be here on campus instead of driving way down to Lockhart. It's also necessary for our alumni so they have a place to come back to because Lockhart is not exactly the place that people will have fond memories of and want to return to. It also helps with recruiting to build a program to be proud of."

I met up with him later, my first time, and I told him that I'm very much looking forward to an on-campus stadium and I hope the BOT will approve it. "They'll have to", he said. "We're not going to have anywhere to play."

From talking to some people tonight I am getting the feeling like we might be leaning towards doing exactly what UCF is doing, pretty much to the T. Although the stadium may not be the same quality as our proposed permanent stadium, it does allow us to build and have it ready for when Lockhart goes down.

I'm all for it, personally, if it goes that way. I guess we'll know by the middle of September.

It would be nice if it came with a new Arena as well but a "Convocation Center" (which is what the Arena would be) is on the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan here:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://wise.fau.edu/facilities/fp/info/CIP2_-_2007-08_BOT_Approved-1_17_07-FINAL.pdf

Item 20, under PECO projects
By 2010
Convocation Center/Arena
250,000 square feet
approximately $41,600,000

…so I'm not sure what that means, if that was approved or not. I thought they said the Arena would be $60 million?
Back to the top
Control functions: