Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The biggest question this season...

…is will the 'Who Let The Owls Out' chant have finally died a slow, painful death?

Somehow I doubt it, as that one guy seems intent on bringing it back EVERY season…..much to the annoyance of everyone except his little band of buddies.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

…is will the 'Who Let The Owls Out' chant have finally died a slow, painful death?

Somehow I doubt it, as that one guy seems intent on bringing it back EVERY season…..much to the annoyance of everyone except his little band of buddies.

Amen

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

It might be your lucky year since he graduated and is in Texas. Can't say if his band of buddies will keep trying to bring it back.
Back to the top

What about a "Hootie-Hoooo!!!" chant?

Discuss

:)
Back to the top

The most painful chant I remember was at one of the home openers a few years ago. The announcer and cheerleaders tried to teach the crowd a new chant where each side of Lockhart took turns saying "F" "A" "U" "OWLS". It wasn't a very creative chant, and nobody was into it. It didn't help that (as usual) the bleachers behind one end zone were nearly completely empty.

I remember the chants in the student section at our first game against Slippery Rock. I'm pretty sure "who let the Owls out" dates back to that game, although some of the other ones were even worse.
Back to the top

I thought the guy who usually led the WLTOO? chants was an older dude? He even has a sign that he hangs on his tent while tailgating!

We do need some better chants, but I'm not very creative.

lngbrdr said

GhostOfBuchanan said

It might be your lucky year since he graduated and is in Texas. Can't say if his band of buddies will keep trying to bring it back.
Back to the top

How about the whole crowd just does a slow HOOT, HOOT, HOOT….building up until a crescendo.

Might work really well on kickoffs…..doing a slow HOOT HOOT HOOT as the kicker prepares to run up and then a HOOT on every step he takes leading up to a massive HOOOOOOOOOOOT when the ball is finally kicked.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

I thought the guy who usually led the WLTOO? chants was an older dude? He even has a sign that he hangs on his tent while tailgating!

We do need some better chants, but I'm not very creative.

lngbrdr said

You are right, the guy wasn't a student. I really hope that chant has died. I was tired of it after the 1st time I heard it. It's been 6 years, I think we can come up with something better than a rip-off of a bad novelty song.
Back to the top

lngbrdr said

I haven't heard anything to that regard. I'll mention it to the prOWLers. Whether the band does it or not, I can't say. Perhaps B & DMarkey can nix that idea from the band's chant library.

I do think we need a chant and a motion (like the FSU Chop and the Gator Chomp). The prOWLers (and the band?) need to get together to get something going there, but probably won't have it in time for Saturday (everybody's scattered all over campus because of the first week of school). The Owl Eyes (or Owl Fingers, depending on who you talk to) are a good start but it has to be a motion.

There is a "gang sign" of sorts for FAU where you make the OK hand signal and place your thumb towards you over your heart. That's an "F" in sign language, the first letter of FAU, and over your heart because that's where your pride resides. It's usually a greeting sign.

Personally, I don't like the "Hoot hoot" thing, no offense. It seems a little kiddy to me. At FAU during Bury the Burrow 2 we just chanted F-A-U and it got REALLY REALLY LOUD. I know it wasn't creative but it came off great.

On the Facebook board for the School Spirit Application, people have been saying "OWLS FLY!" a lot. That's better than "Hoot Hoot." I can imagine 10k people chanting OWLS FLY! OWLS FLY! OWLS FLY!

I'm pitching an idea to the bookstore that if we win the Sun Belt Conference, to print blue shirts that say, "2007 SUN BELT CHAMPIONS" and "FAU FOOTBALL" on the front, and on the back it says, "NOBODY BETTER THAN THE OWLS"

That's the kind of thing I want to see when I'm walking down the sidewalk or waiting in line at Boca. [glow=red,2,300]NOBODY BETTER THAN THE OWLS. [/glow]
Back to the top

I do think we need a chant and a motion (like the FSU Chop and the Gator Chomp). The prOWLers (and the band?) need to get together to get something going there, but probably won't have it in time for Saturday (everybody's scattered all over campus because of the first week of school). The Owl Eyes (or Owl Fingers, depending on who you talk to) are a good start but it has to be a motion.

Well, the mascot is an owl. Either flap our arms like wings or with our fingers, open and close them like talons. Can think of anything else except eating mice or turning our heads 180 deg.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: