Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Come over and meet some of us on Saturday

Have really enjoyed meeting opposing fans of the SBC during tailgating.

"smack" talk to each other can be saved for during the week and during the game.

We always invite our opposing fans to tailgate with us at home games in Murfreesboro, and I have made some great friendships over the years….we usually have Ragin Cajuns fans over at the house to save them on hotel expenses. We have definitely learned a thing or two from the Cajuns– Show Your Class, Not Your ARSE

Come over and ask where to find Mr. Chicola or KAjunRaider and that's where most of us will be in the Lockhart Tailgating area.

Hope to go deep sea fishing on Friday. Looking forward to it!

Also……does anyone know of a good "hole in the wall" Cuban place in the area i.e. where can I get some good fried plantains and picadilla (sp) ??

I'm carrying my laptop to SoFlo with me, so I should be able to get back on once I arrive.

Hope to see many of you soon! We should have a crowd of around 300 or so (estimated)
Back to the top

Are you staying by the stadium? Or further north?

The Cuban Cafe in Boca Raton on 2nd Ave (Boca Raton Blvd) is the best Cuban I've had in the area and it's about 20 minutes north of Lockhart.
Back to the top

I would recommend checking out "Little Havana" in Deerfield Beach. North of Lockhart, exit Hillsboro Blvd E and take a right on US1/Federal Hwy and it's on the right.

Hands down the best cuban food in the area.
Back to the top

If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale try Tipico cafe located on east Sunrise Blvd in the Gateway shopping center. They have great Cuban and some pretty good Mexican as well. If you are in the mood for a delicious cuban sandwich go to Cafe Cubano on US1 at Searstown where Sunrise meets US1. I believe it has been rated "Best in Broward" by our local rags. If you need directions just reply and I'll put them up.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

I would recommend checking out "Little Havana" in Deerfield Beach. North of Lockhart, exit Hillsboro Blvd E and take a right on US1/Federal Hwy and it's on the right.

Hands down the best cuban food in the area.

second that! and third that! and fourth that!

well, you get the point ;)

he's right…its the best! and pretty inexpensive too…….lunch specials are like 5.95 - 7.95…….
Back to the top

Padrino's isn't a hole in the wall, but its good. I believe there is one located just east of the stadium on Commercial Blvd.
Back to the top

Thanks, everyone.

We are staying at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

Ate at Athena by the Sea for lunch today, and at a sports bar for dinner– watched some of the ULM/Tulsa contest.

Going to SouthPort Raw Bar for lunch tomorrow, and then to Aruba for dinner.

We'll definitely hit one of the Cuban places on Sunday.

Best of luck and see you all on Saturday !
Back to the top

Southport & Aruba are to great places….Make sure you get the Steamers, Mussels & Oysters at Southport, they are GREAT!
Back to the top
Control functions: