Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 Opener Rumor

Rumor that I'm hearing is that The University of Miami is attempting to schedule FAU for their first home game at JRS next season.

That would be huge for the program! Much better exposure than going out to Texas for recruiting purposes. The talent level in S. Florida this year and the next two at skill positions is going to be sick.

This, IMO, would be much better than going to Texas.
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

We should be even better next year since, again, most of the starters will be returning. it would be a good year to play UM.
I wonder if it is possible to reschedule UT?

If we do play UM next year, does that mean we have a rivalry with them?

Does FIU play UM in 2008? It says they do on their wikipedia article.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

Okay…is this just an early April Fools? What grapevine did this come from. Can you name sources? Now THAT would put us on the map better than this year's game at the Swamp! :o
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

1. Rescheduling UT - I don't see why not.

2. Rivalry with UM - One game does not make a rivalry. Rivalries are borne out of regular play against one another and some pure hatred for one another. UM vs. UF, ND, Neb., Wash. those are rivalries. FAU vs. FIU, MTSU - rivalries.

3. UM will not play FIU after they complete the contracted for game this season. Shalala was not very happy with the infamous brawl last season. UM has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing them.

4. Not a LATE April Fools joke.

5. Sources - Check the free football board at www. grassy.com. It's been mentioned in one of the threads. You may need to register.

I think it speaks to a new era and bringing in a great former Coach to play against the team that put UM and the state of Florida on the map in terms of CFB, having Howard return.

Like I said, this is a rumor right now. I'll search out the thread and post it.
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

This was also mentioned in one of Marcus Nelson's blog posts last week I believe.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

Here's a link that shows future opponents of FAU, plus all of the other schools in D1 football.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/floridaatlantic_future.htm
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

2008 Opener Rumor

A die-hard Hurricane fan told me that they're trying to get a massive game for that 2008 opener, as it's their first game at Dolphin Stadium….i.e. not against us. I'll see him later and ask him which team it was again.
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

GhostOfBuchanan said

A die-hard Hurricane fan told me that they're trying to get a massive game for that 2008 opener, as it's their first game at Dolphin Stadium….i.e. not against us. I'll see him later and ask him which team it was again.

Here's FIU's future schedules.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/floridainternational_future.htm
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

Texas isn't set in stone yet anyway, is it? I thought it was just being discussed.

Of course UM would mean more to FAU than playing Texas. Not the least of which is that I think FAU can put on a far better showing against UM than against Texas.

If given the opportunity FAU should take UM for 2008 and try to push Texas to 2009 since playing Texas does have its advantages including getting more national exposure.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

2008 Opener Rumor

faualum said

We should be even better next year since, again, most of the starters will be returning. it would be a good year to play UM.
I wonder if it is possible to reschedule UT?

If we do play UM next year, does that mean we have a rivalry with them?

Does FIU play UM in 2008? It says they do on their wikipedia article.

As an avid Wikipedia editor myself (for FAU), I can tell you that the Wikipedia article for FIU has been seriously destroyed by propaganda.

Wikipedia articles are supposed to be balanced and fair with citations to sources and there is nothing but positive information on the FIU page.

If you try to change it so it reflects reality, the main perpetrator will change it back and note the need for a revision as "defeating vandalism". It's an immature game to change it back and forth and as the recent Wikiscanner story reveals, Wikipedia is more about advertising now than about truth.

That perpetrator also attempted to change our football stadium date until after 2013 to draw attention away from their much-touted proclamation that "once the FIU stadium is completed, FIU will be the only school south of Orlando to host football games in an on-campus stadium."

When a note was added about FAU's upcoming stadium, the perpetrator erased it with the reason that "FAU's BOT refuses to allocate money for the stadium and 2012 is pushing it even for a temporary stadium."

Obviously some people are ill-informed but I'll revise the note again when our stadium gets approved.
Back to the top
Control functions: