Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Predicts FAU to beat Minnesota

While I still think it will be tough to do, ESPN believes in us:

ESPN - Cpickem link

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

That would be sooo awesome if the team can pull this one off. I'd like to say it would be our 2nd OOC victory but we weren't in a conference when we beat Hawaii BUT Hawaii is a considered a major program. It would be our 2nd victory against a major program. They only other D1A victories are in the SBC.

The S Florida weather will definitely work in FAU's favor.

I remember reading the interviews after the first time we played Minn. Several of the players stated they weren't out muscled in the game, just out executed. Moronney ran all over us. That was 2 years ago and alot has changed.

It seems like an eternity scince we last played against Minn but there are still quite a few players on the FAU team that played against them in 2005.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I modified the link above and should now be working.

Not bad to be included on that list.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

I've been saying it all along, we'll take the Gophers this year! I should write for ESPN :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I've been saying it all along, we'll take the Gophers this year! I should write for ESPN :)

exactly, is this news?!

:D
Back to the top

By: Will Harris (archive)
Special to ESPN.com

Will Harris makes 11 predictions for the upcoming college football season, one for each Bowl Subdivision conference

SBC: Florida Atlantic will become the first Sun Belt team ever to defeat a Big Ten team when the Owls host Minnesota on Sept. 15. With a new coach who has never been a coordinator and a redshirt freshman quarterback who has never taken a snap, the Gophers are rebuilding this season as they install new schemes on both sides of the ball. Howard Schnellenberger's Owls have built for this season as they return 18 starters and 85 percent of their lettermen. Florida Atlantic will be vastly improved on both sides of the ball and is one of the favorites for the Sun Belt crown. Expect the Owls to ambush Minnesota at "neutral" Dolphin Stadium and secure the league's first-ever victory over a Big Ten school.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: