Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

After the slaughter?

So,

I have arranged for a lil longer term babysitting tonight for the 2 kids, and being that Im anticipating a nice win today, is there a "spot" that most fans go to after a home game to throw back a few suds and revel in the victory?

Usually we head home and a quick crowd free Publix shopping run, but I have a great feeling about this year and anticpate wanting to celebrate with other owl fans.

Where does everyone go?

If we dont go anywhere where should we start to go?

Let me know.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

After the slaughter?

i have been trying for a LONG time to create that tradition… pick a place to go after home games and FOR road games (whenever we are on tv)

the problem is, the old FAU problem…. boca or broward?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

After the slaughter?

It's hard to get this started before we get a stadium, once the stadium is finished there are a few obvious choices, such as Duffy's since they are close and a supporter.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

fauowl09 said

i have been trying for a LONG time to create that tradition… pick a place to go after home games and FOR road games (whenever we are on tv)

Hmmm….

A valid issue.

A logical choice would be Hooters right off of Cypress Creek. Close to the stadium, hell even has an Owl as the mascot. I see from the back of my tickets that Duffy's is a sponsor. That would be great as well. Probably need to propose one or the other?

Persnoally I'd say Duffy's. We need to support those who Support FAU. Probably too late to get it going for this game but for the next home game lets plug that.

Any other thoughts?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

After the slaughter?

owlfamily said

fauowl09 said

Hmmm….

A valid issue.

A logical choice would be Hooters right off of Cypress Creek. Close to the stadium, hell even has an Owl as the mascot. I see from the back of my tickets that Duffy's is a sponsor. That would be great as well. Probably need to propose one or the other?

Persnoally I'd say Duffy's. We need to support those who Support FAU. Probably too late to get it going for this game but for the next home game lets plug that.

Any other thoughts?

Yeah, Duffy's or the Boca Ale House. I prefer the latter one myself but that's just one guy's preference.
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

owlcountry said

Yeah, Duffy's or the Boca Ale House. I prefer the latter one myself but that's just one guy's preference.

Same here, Boca Ale House for me. Better food, larger area and they support FAU already. Even had an FAU even there last week, and they have that FAU helmet in the case (love that!)
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

A lot of guys go to Duffy's but The Boca Ale House seems to be picking up steam. Your right they support FAU (smart Management). ;)
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

After the slaughter?

Talon said

A lot of guys go to Duffy's but The Boca Ale House seems to be picking up steam. Your right they support FAU (smart Management). ;)

My understanding is that once the Alumni Center and Stadium are built on-campus, we'll be celebrating the game at the Alumni Center.

Although realistically it's going to be more like the plaza outside the stadium in the Innovation Village… especially if that's where we can get food and alcohol (something we won't be able to get at the Alumni Center)
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

duffys has a fau helmet showcased too, its at the bar....

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

After the slaughter?

Would love to participate. As an alum, I drive down from Stuart for the games. Duffy's sounds like a good choice. For those of us that can't make the OSU road trip, any plans for this Saturday?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: