Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU-UAB 4 game series

uablazin said

BlazerTalk broke the news yesterday that FAU and UAB have agreed to a 4 year deal in football.

2009 @ FAU
2010 @ UAB
2011 @ UAB
2012 @ FAU

Hope the series is great for both schools.

This is the first time we have signed a home-and-home OOC series. I'm really looking forward to it.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=248175
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

Excellent news.......four wins for us, no problem ;)
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

FAU-UAB 4 game series

This will be a great series for FAU. This is a series that FAU can win and it will be a good measuring stick for the program. Who knows, FAU might even outgrow the series by 2012.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

I thought, and the first post on the UAB forum says that the first game against UAB will be next year here in Boca(please be on campus, please be on campus…).

Ted Hutton also mention this on his blog a while back. So i'm fairly sure that the series begins in 2008, not 2009. Whatever the dates, I love that they are scheduling this type of opponent. Established program that we can easily compete with. We should be going after more games against lower conference IA teams. They are very winnable and beating these teams only raises the reputation of the Belt. All Belt teams should be able to beat teams from the WAC, MAC, CUSA, etc. That is the only way to get more respect and more bowl bids.
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

We have no OOC home games scheduled in 2008 or 2011, so it would make sense if the dates from the other forum were one year off:

2008 @ FAU
2009 @ UAB
2010 @ UAB
2011 @ FAU

I-A rules require us to have five I-A home games each year (we will get four from being in the SBC starting next year). If the first game is in 2008 it would complete our schedule for next year:

@ Texas
UAB
@ Michigan State
@ Minnesota
+ 8 SBC games

Five home games, seven away games
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

I believe Rusty was heavily recruited by UAB.
Back to the top

FAU-UAB 4 game series

You are right, series starts in 08. That has been corrected on our board ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: