Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Why we go bowling this season

Our D is STOUT!!!

The run D especially for the run dominant SBC. I expect a few hiccups, which we saw in the 4th quarter, in the first couple games. However, that being said, our D looks very good this season.

The running game was strong and from what I understand (I showed up towards the end of the 2nd qtr) Rusty didn't really come on until the second half. What I saw from him though was much better than last season. Our receivers also made some extremely athletic plays that led to big gains.

The play of the OL was good as well. If we continue to establish the run, the passing game will come naturally as teams bring more defenders down and into the box. I noticed that it seemed that MTSU had 8 or 9 in the box regularly yesterday.

There is no reason we shouldn't be in or win every game this season in conference play.

I also expect us to be extremely competitive against our OOC opponents.
Back to the top

I agree SigEp, I would like to see the younger receivers hold on to the ball and they will after they get over the first game jitters. The most improved I feel has to be the OL. Rusty has good protection and time to find his receivers. The running game says it all, much much better the OL, is looking solid even when the subs coming in. Never missed a beat and thats were the depth helps.

I would have liked to see more running on third and two than going to the pass. I'm convinced there would have been more third down conversions.

I the running game and to see Charles, Willie, DIvory and company moving it on the ground was nice.

You gotta love Harmon's catch, run and leap.

All in all not to shabby for the first game.

Back to the top

I agree that FAU has a shot at winning the SBC and going bowling. However, I am cautiously optimistic. A few other SBC teams looked pretty good yesterday against tough competition, namely Arkansas State against Texas and ULL against South Carolina. The SBC is going to be tough this year and each game will be a battle.

FAU will go bowling if:

The run defense stays stout
The run offense averages 150+ yards per game (on pace to do so)
The pass offense improves
The receivers step up
FAU wins 1 non-conf. game (my picks Minnesota or USF, neither looked good in week one)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I agree that FAU has a shot at winning the SBC and going bowling. However, I am cautiously optimistic. A few other SBC teams looked pretty good yesterday against tough competition, namely Arkansas State against Texas and ULL against South Carolina. The SBC is going to be tough this year and each game will be a battle.

Very good point. I thought the same thing yesterday. You bet that's exactly what Schnelly is telling the boys.
Back to the top

I think that the team that plays the most consistant on a weekly basis will end up on top - this league has teams that are very close as far as talent & potential and could beat anybody on any given weekend.
Back to the top

Talon said

I agree SigEp, I would like to see the younger receivers hold on to the ball and they will after they get over the first game jitters. The most improved I feel has to be the OL. Rusty has good protection and time to find his receivers. The running game says it all, much much better the OL, is looking solid even when the subs coming in. Never missed a beat and thats were the depth helps.

I would have liked to see more running on third and two than going to the pass. I'm convinced there would have been more third down conversions.

I the running game and to see Charles, Willie, DIvory and company moving it on the ground was nice.

You gotta love Harmon's catch, run and leap.

All in all not to shabby for the first game.

Before each game, we should put the enemy team logo near the front entrance and we can all do a "Harmon leap" over it before the game starts as good luck :)
Back to the top

I think this week's game will give us a good idea of how our defense will hold up. If we can win, or at least make the Stillwater faithful nervous….I think we will take another non-conference match-up. I do think we have a shot this week…then another good chance against the Gophers.
Back to the top

I think we have a good chance for an OOC victory against UMinn. They lost to Bowling Green. Minn will come back this week with a vengance, hopefully win and get it out of their system. If they win
9/8 they will be under less pressure to win in Miami. They will be under a lot of pressure to win but less with a win under their belt already.

The weather will be a factor. Notice how the game was conveniently scheduled for 1:00pm. If we can avoid the unnecessary mistakes like the come back scare by MTSU, we have a real good chance to win this game. Hopefuly they can iron out the offensive concerns in two weeks.

I'll be there for the UK game. They look good this year.

This adds up to a good year to go bowling! :D

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: