Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Good game Owls

Good game Owls

I'm sitting at Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting to board the plane back to Tennessee. I just wanted to congradulate you on a good game. To be honest, I did not see it coming. I knew FAU would be much improved and I knew we had some question marks, but you kicked us all over the field.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.
Back to the top

Good game Owls

Represent the SBC! Have a great season.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Good game Owls

gomtblue said

I'm sitting at Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting to board the plane back to Tennessee. I just wanted to congradulate you on a good game. To be honest, I did not see it coming. I knew FAU would be much improved and I knew we had some question marks, but you kicked us all over the field.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks for the kind words Blue. And thanks for taking the time to come down to see the game. You and the rest of the MTSU fans at the game were all class. Thanks again and have a great season.
Back to the top

Good game Owls

i unfortunately was in georgia… my question is to gomtblue or any other middle fan on the board…

was the attendance/atmosphere/noise level/fau support comparable to home conference games in murfreesboro?

CRAPPIER / SAME / BETTER ?

(please don't take stadium into account… lockhart stadium is the single-worst venue of all 119 d-ia colleges… i understand that, lol)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Good game Owls

Sorry, just now revisiting the board.

Short answer, no. Remember, I was sitting in the visitors section which is across the field so it didn't sound as loud to me as it might if I were sitting on the home side. The crowd was nowhere near the amount announced (I know they count tickets sold). The atmosphere didn't seem that great. It was ok, but not great.

For a home opener we will draw over 20,000. That's butts in seat (or very close to it) and I would expect closer to 25,000-27,000 this year since we open with WKU. You guys announced 11,000. So even if all of them were in attendance we would have twice as many people at our stadium. I think the crowd and atmosphere was comparable to a MT late season game with colder weather and us being out of the SBC race like a couple of years ago.

I know Troy has a lot better atmosphere and so does Arkansas St…and we played both of them later in the season, not the opener. Those are the only two other SBC games I've been to.

I'm not taking a jab at FAU, I'm just giving my honest opinion. I think your crowd is 3 or 4 years behind the rest of the SBC (except for FIU) but that should be expected since you joined the SBC later than the rest of the teams.

I think getting an on-campus stadium will help a lot.

On a positive note, the fans that were there are die-hards. They all just need to recruit one or two more per person and the place would be jamming.
Back to the top
Control functions: