Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WOW... what the hell is going on here?

The worst Division I-A team is the Florida International Golden Panthers. They have lost 13 straight games - 14 after next week. We have beaten them 4 out of 5 times.

So WHY do these sell at Sports Authority Miami?
?

What is going on here? Has anyone seen ANYTHING FAU in a sports store OTHER THAN 4 or 5 shirts and a pair of shorts at Champs Sports in the Boca Mall?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

At the Sports Authority on Glades Rd. they are selling some FAU merchandise. Not a huge selection, but better than nothing.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

The worst Division I-A team is the Florida International Golden Panthers. They have lost 13 straight games - 14 after next week. We have beaten them 4 out of 5 times.

?

What is going on here? Has anyone seen ANYTHING FAU in a sports store OTHER THAN 4 or 5 shirts and a pair of shorts at Champs Sports in the Boca Mall?

Pretty nice, isn't it?
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

Pretty nice, isn't it?

Can't see them selling well… ;D
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

Pretty nice, isn't it?

It's a good thing I'm well-stocked on toilet paper….
Back to the top

I'm not criticizing FAU at all. It is a nice jersey, and some of you find it necessary to make these type of comments, and start threads here like that….Oh well… Then, some people ask why some of our more aggresive posters respond to stuff like that. ::) I will try not to respond in a similar way…
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

I'm not criticizing FAU at all. It is a nice jersey, and some of you find it necessary to make these type of comments, and start threads here like that….Oh well… Then, some people ask why some of our more aggresive posters respond to stuff like that. ::) I will try not to respond in a similar way…

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

?

FAU stuff is at most Champs from Wellington to Miami. You can also find a great selection of FAU hats at LIDS in the same area.

It's all a matter of what's selling and what FAU allows. I have heard that FAU is pretty stringent about who is allowed to sell what… meanwhile there are UF dustbusters for sale at Wal-mart ::)

Before the game on Saturday, I went to the Publix on Federal Highway (the main Publix that serves the FAu student population) to buy food for the game and noticed they don't have a damn thing there that's FAU.

Not a hat, not a shirt, not even an Owl Head sticker on anything.

Meanwhile, they are getting great exposure from us with their banner ad on fausports.com. Moe's has a similar marketing deal with us… yet barely had anything of ours in their stores.

Which leads me to believe that these places are taking us for a ride. Maybe the Marketing Department at FAU could grow some cojones and keep that from happening.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowl09 said

?

FAU stuff is at most Champs from Wellington to Miami. You can also find a great selection of FAU hats at LIDS in the same area.

It's all a matter of what's selling and what FAU allows. I have heard that FAU is pretty stringent about who is allowed to sell what… meanwhile there are UF dustbusters for sale at Wal-mart ::)

Before the game on Saturday, I went to the Publix on Federal Highway (the main Publix that serves the FAu student population) to buy food for the game and noticed they don't have a damn thing there that's FAU.

Not a hat, not a shirt, not even an Owl Head sticker on anything.

Meanwhile, they are getting great exposure from us with their banner ad on fausports.com. Moe's has a similar marketing deal with us… yet barely had anything of ours in their stores.

Which leads me to believe that these places are taking us for a ride. Maybe the Marketing Department at FAU could grow some cojones and keep that from happening.

Honestly, I have never seen a single FAU product anywhere in Miami-Dade County ever, and only once outside of the immediate FAU area at the Publix off of Hillsboro and I live in this area (in Deerfield Beach).

I have however seen FAU things in Boca Mall (Champs and Lids) and around Glades, such as the Barnes and Noble (the mural on the 2nd floor) and that's about it. If you go to that same Champs and Lids at Boca Mall, you'll also find FIU products, can't say the same for FAU at Aventura Mall, Dolphin Mall, Pompano Mall, Coral Square, Sawgrass etc. On that note,

GO FIU!!
Back to the top

It won't change until fans demand that store managers stock FAU merchandise (go in the tell them you want it and question why you see Gator and Miami coolers in Publix, but not the local school's colors) and FAU officials make an actual merchndise creation and marketing effort.
Back to the top
Control functions: