Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Congratulations, FAU fans, on your win.

Owl fans, you were right about this game, and I was wrong. I say I'm wrong.

BMarkey, I know you may think bad of me, but really I'm not. I know FAU is your second favorite team in the 'Belt and wanted them to win. Congrats to you too.

I just got back from Fort Lauderdale myself. FAU didn't even play their best game and they still dominated the game from start to finish. We looked really bad Saturday. We didn't just look bad, we looked scary bad. We looked potentially 0-12 bad.

The FAU fans I ran across were very nice and laid back. Lockhart is a monstrocity. I've never seen an uglier stadium, but I'm sure most of you guys feel the same way about it.

I must say, if there was anything good I could take from this it's how much I enjoyed the beaches of Fort Lauderdale, plus I was very proud of the attendance of Blue Raider fans. I don't think anybody in the Sun Belt other than FIU would've taken more fans to FAU than that.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

Back to the top

don't kid yourself… FIU is pathetic in traveling… the shula bowl last year (dolphins stadium is CLOSER to FIU than FAU) saw about a 9:1 ratio of FAU fans to FIU fans

good turn out for mt country though

go owls

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

don't kid yourself… FIU is pathetic in traveling… the shula bowl last year (dolphins stadium is CLOSER to FIU than FAU) saw about a 9:1 ratio of FAU fans to FIU fans

go owls

How many fans do you think we had– estimated, of course?

Just wondering since you guys know the layout better. I think a lot of our fans didn't even wear MT gear, since our merchandising at MT is so pitiful.
Back to the top

KAjunRaider said

fauowl09 said

go owls

How many fans do you think we had– estimated, of course?

Just wondering since you guys know the layout better. I think a lot of our fans didn't even wear MT gear, since our merchandising at MT is so pitiful.

I'm not sure on exact numbers, but I was surprised at how many MTSU fans made the trip to tailgate. We even saw a few groups set up right in the middle of FAU fans, MTSU flags flying an all. Very impressive.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Maybe 200-300? 400?

I just posted pictures of your fans.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestpress.com/images/FAU_vs_MTSU_1_09_01_07/index.htm

No hard feelings, Zone. I actucally came over to your sideline a couple of times and scanned the MT crowd, hoping one of your posters would say something and we could talk. I met some of you at Troy three years ago (first Battle for the Palladium) and we got along fine.
Back to the top

I'd say 300+ Nice people too. Some of us could learn something from that…
Back to the top

Thanks for the congrats zone. I look forward to making the trip to Tennessee next year. Good luck with the rest of the season.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We sustained injuries to two additional members of the offensive line this past Saturday at FAU and had another injury to a player already aggravated by injuries. We have freshmen O-Line starting at Louisville. Louisville could potentially hang over 80 on us. It's not looking good at all.
Back to the top

RaiderInTheZone said

We sustained injuries to two additional members of the offensive line this past Saturday at FAU and had another injury to a player already aggravated by injuries. We have freshmen O-Line starting at Louisville. Louisville could potentially hang over 80 on us. It's not looking good at all.

OUCH!!! I wish MSTU the best of luck against Louisville.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: