Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recommendation to the Moderator(s)

I frequent several team boards and I'm pleased with what has taken place here over the years.

One thing I feel that this board needs now is a "Smack" Board.

This board is for talking trash about our rivals and for them to come talk trash to us leading up to a game.

What it also does is it keeps the football board clear of discussions not directly related to FAU football in a positive light. Since The Blue Raiders are definitely a rival and some posters here can't help themselves from bashing FIU at every chance they get and their members show up and do the same, I think the time is right to add the "Smack" Board.

My .02.
Back to the top

Or at least have an official FIU smack board
Back to the top

I agree, that way those that want to have a little fun with the other teams can and those that want to stay away from that can just not read that board.

MTSU handles it very well, if a topic in their skillet board turns into smack they move the thread.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I like the idea, and it will keep the trash talk out of the main stream. It kind of gives you a place to just talk trash and it probably isn't a bad idea for FIU also.
Back to the top

Setting it up is not a problem, give me a few days to think about it.

Back to the top

I like the idea - I don't like the rivalry banter crowding the football forum. There are lots of changes on the way!

Another idea is to create an SBC forum or a Florida Teams forum.

p.s. Not every topic needs to be positive! Let's tell it like it is. One example is the stadium.
Back to the top

I always like to feel like a new board has to have enough merit to stand on its own - at first I did not think that there would be any need for it considering only MTSU & FIU provided enough banter to justify the need for a smack board, now, however now might be a good time for it onsidering…

Like Lm77 mentioned there will be many changes happening very soon, I was hoping things would have been in place before the start of football season - I am no Web designer and have done what I could and now Lm77 has been helping me to bring everything together. I think that everyone will be pleased with the end result, once implemented. To the posters who have visited the fauowlsnest.com web-site and have spend any time looking at all the different links available, you can see there is a lot of information available, including a bunch links for all the teams that the Owls we be playing this season & more will be made available soon.

This is something that I started two years ago and shelved the web-site because I did not like the end result at my first hack and have since brought the project back full force with much better results. What you see now is only a small sample of what is to come.

Since some of you would like a seperate smack board, I will open up the discussion for any suggestion you may have for the name of the smack board.

Back to the top

How about "Smack Attack"
Back to the top

Bytor,

Thanks for the consideration of the request. I think just The Smack Board with a blurb that that is where the isht talking needs to be brought.
Back to the top

all we gotta do is let dusky loose on opponents boards and the smack will definitely follow him back here.
Back to the top
Control functions: