Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Don't ya just love it!!!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=22126&ret=Default.aspx

Jimmy Clausen to Start at Quarterback for Notre Dame in Saturday?s Match Up Against Penn State

Atlanta, Ga. 9/4/2007 5:09 PM GMT (FINDITT)
Jimmy Clausen has been named the starting quarterback for Notre Dame when the Irish travel to take on the Penn State Nittany Lions next Saturday.

Coming off an embarrassing 33-3 home loss to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket over the weekend head coach Charlie Weis declared Clausen would get the start despite being a true freshman.

Weis said of his decision ?I think he's ready to run the offense. If I didn't think he was ready I wouldn't do this. I'm not going to play musical chairs with our quarterbacks.?

It will be a huge task for Clausen as he faces a Penn State defense that shutout FAU on Saturday 59-0. In that game the Nittany Lions held FAU to just 114 total yards of offense while allowing -3 yards rushing. That?s not a good sign for Notre Dame as they managed just 130 yards passing last week and -9 yards rushing.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

faualum said

It will be a huge task for Clausen as he faces a Penn State defense that shutout FAU on Saturday 59-0. In that game the Nittany Lions held FAU to just 114 total yards of offense while allowing -3 yards rushing. That?s not a good sign for Notre Dame as they managed just 130 yards passing last week and -9 yards rushing.

Man… and I went to the MTSU game instead!

FAU is not FIU. Obviously, but this is seriously a problem… I've read on a couple of boards that people are attributing the 59-0… including the Oklahoma State people. If they report it in the media, it's even worse.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

faualum said

FAU is not FIU. Obviously, but this is seriously a problem… I've read on a couple of boards that people are attributing the 59-0… including the Oklahoma State people. If they report it in the media, it's even worse.

Well if thats the case, let OSU think their playing a team that got shut out 59-0 and see how prepared they are next saturday.

As far as the media, thats bad.

Back to the top

There is a contact link on the bottom. I sent an email. These things usually get fixed. It has happened a few times in the past.

Back to the top

Last year it was reported on some websites that FAU was in the brawl at Miami. It's pathetic. You know what solves that problem? Winning!!!
Back to the top

Don't worry FAU fans. We know the difference. We get called "Oklahoma" all the time in newspapers, radio, and TV by the so-called sports media experts!
Back to the top

orangeokie said

Don't worry FAU fans. We know the difference. We get called "Oklahoma" all the time in newspapers, radio, and TV by the so-called sports media experts!

at least you didnt get called FIU, or "whatever that school is in south florida" by the "so-called" color analyst on ESPN nationally last night…

that guy ought to be fired…

BUT THATS NOT ALL…

Two for the price of one last night…right as they got off the phone with Howard, the play by play guy calls him Schnellenbecker…what's so BAD about this:

The camera had a still of the side of the BUILDING WITH HIS NAME ON IT…

i dont think it can get much worse than that! >:(
Back to the top
Control functions: