Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question for FAU fans-- Nelligan

I noticed that you guys are with Nelligan Sports Marketing, like MT.

What have they done for FAU, and are you happy with your association with them?

A lot of MT fans are running Nelligan down the road, but I cannot really say I blame them. We do not know what they do for us, except lose several radio affiliates this year– I assume their prices were too high.

Personally, I think it is very important to get the "word" out there, regardless of the cost, and the smaller town stations should be given a price break.

But, all in all, what does Nelligan do for FAU?

Thanks in advance.
Back to the top

I don't see a lot for FAU (no weekly TV show, limited weekly coach shows, two or three radio affliliates, although the flagship 640 AM can be heard from the Treasure Coast to Miami), but then I am one of the main complainers about ISP at Troy.
Back to the top

they mainly handle our coporate sponsors…………………………..which suck………….thats why we can't have beer at the basketball games, cuz chartwells has the contract to the stadium……..so many others have wanted to sell at the stadium like cold stone and jamba juice……..this may be small, but this adds to the experience of the game, especially to a younger kid who wants to watch the game and have some gooooood ice cream

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

This whole Nelligan thing is news to me. From what everyone says and I have to agree, the marketing for FAU really sucks.

The whole food issue is a hassle. Chartwells doesn't do a very good job, but I imagine that they are cheap and that is why they have so many contracts. It would be nice if FAU goes with someone else when the new stadium is built. Someone local would be far better in my opinion.

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

jvowl said

they mainly handle our coporate sponsors…………………………..which suck………….thats why we can't have beer at the basketball games, cuz chartwells has the contract to the stadium……..so many others have wanted to sell at the stadium like cold stone and jamba juice……..this may be small, but this adds to the experience of the game, especially to a younger kid who wants to watch the game and have some gooooood ice cream

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Chartwells has a monopoly on the Burrow too.

Fact is they put out bad food at high prices. They take FAU for a ride.

Chartwells and FAU resigned a contract last year I think. All the students at FAU let out a loud groan about it. It's interesting that we can boycott the vending machines (something that didn't work since it was stupid in the first place) but not protest Chartwells.

I suppose FAU goes with Chartwells because they are an umbrella controlling everything. The Starbucks on campus, for instance, isn't really controlled by Starbucks… Chartwells runs it. Likewise, Chartwells runs the Quiznos and the Wendy's. I asked one of the dining people why we didn't have more franchises, more name brands, in the new Breezeway cafe and I was told it would cut into Chartwells' profits.

That's why we got Salsarita's instead of Moe's or Taco Bell, Mamma Leone's instead of Papa John's, etc. I figure the Innovation Village will have similar "success" – a bunch of restaurants that you've never heard of that may or may not get favorable reviews in a place you haven't heard of but you'll eat there because it's there. It's a shame.
Back to the top

KAjunRaider said

I noticed that you guys are with Nelligan Sports Marketing, like MT.

What have they done for FAU, and are you happy with your association with them?

A lot of MT fans are running Nelligan down the road, but I cannot really say I blame them. We do not know what they do for us, except lose several radio affiliates this year– I assume their prices were too high.

Personally, I think it is very important to get the "word" out there, regardless of the cost, and the smaller town stations should be given a price break.

But, all in all, what does Nelligan do for FAU?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing…

No…

Agree…TOO HIGH AND NO RETUNR FOR THE DOLLAR…

All they do is cover for an inefficient bueracracy in college athletics by doing task work such as signange fulfillment, and lower end things that the department doesnt want to pay someone benefits and a salary to do…but by doing so, they creat even more waste…

BIG negative, as you stated is that and ruin radio affiliation - becauase they become an intermidiary (middle man) that just sucks up cash…

now, i know some will disagree with me on the points above, but no one can argue with these FACTS:

1. We WERE on the ESPN Radio network prior to SMELLigan…now we sit on man-squawk - ratings disaster…cheap air time that only benefits SMELLigan.

2. We had a good group on engineers who seldom dropped the ball prior to smelligan.

3. Last basketball season saw more game coverage fatalities than the previous 10 years COMBINED without SMELLigan.

4. The first coaches show from FAU on campus could not even take a call in listener due to garbage engineering from SMELLigan.

5. Now our games air in between the most patheticly immoral trash programming that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Athletics or a postive image courtesy of SMELLigan's time brokers.

ok, im donme…i think you get the drift, and that is:

SMELLigan does nothing but serve SMELLigan, and its wallet…….
Back to the top

Our fans call them "Negligent Sports", but I do like Smelligan.

Negligent got rid of an MT guy who was loyal to the bone….saying they didn't need him, or that he wasn't "good" enough for them.

What's he doing now? Heading up the NFL's Tennessee Titans' Radio Network. Good enough for the Titans, but not good enough for the Blue Raiders??

Our coach's radio shows under Nelligan are the worst they've ever been, going back to the 1-aa days.
Back to the top

KAjunRaider said

Our fans call them "Negligent Sports", but I do like Smelligan.

Negligent got rid of an MT guy who was loyal to the bone….saying they didn't need him, or that he wasn't "good" enough for them.

What's he doing now? Heading up the NFL's Tennessee Titans' Radio Network. Good enough for the Titans, but not good enough for the Blue Raiders??

Our coach's radio shows under Nelligan are the worst they've ever been, going back to the 1-aa days.

sound slike he was "too much of a threat" to thier middle man FEE… :)
Back to the top
Control functions: