Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Students & Band

I stated this last season on moving the student section & the band to the side lines and now Ted make its very clear why - moving everyone to the sidelines just makes sense, it adds to the game time atmoshpere BIG TIME - worry about the rest later when you can fill the sideline on a REGULAR basis - NOT FOR ONE GAME, I mentioned on a REGULAR basis. Then you can consider moving the student section to the end-zone. Put the students where it counts and the help them be more involved in the game, that you are trying to get involved in the first place.

Plus, once the side lines do fill-up on a regular basis, it help put a premium on the sideline tickets, creating a demand which in-turn creates a drive to buy them in advance, which could create another problem altogether :P

Put butts in the seats where it matters.
Back to the top

Students & Band

Students & Band

I agree about getting the students and the band out of the end zone. But instead of putting them in the NW corner, how about putting the "rowdy" student section in the middle of the stands - right behind the visitor's bench. You want to make it difficult for the opposing team to hear in key situations and putting the students and band behind them would do the trick.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Students & Band

I put this in another thread but it works better in this one:
I've gotta be honest, my view from the end zone is much better then the one on the sideline, but that might just be because in the end zone the band sits in the middle section. Also, it sounds louder in the end zone to me because the end zone seating is not cement. Its all metal and when everyone started jumping it seemed to get loud over there. I feel like when the plays are one the west side of the field that we are closer to the game then sitting behind the visitors bench. I'm not going to pull up the stats but i think over the past 2 years there have been alot more interceptions and broken up plays in the end zone then when the end zone was closed off. On a final note, in the end zone, the drunk students sit behind me and cheer me on… I don't get that on the sideline :D

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Students & Band

Im a student at FAU and i definately do not sit in the endzone. I refuse to sit there! Its impossible to see what is going on at the other end of the field. I sit around the 20/30 yard line behind our boys. Last year they tried to have the band and student section on the opposite side of the field behind our opponents and it looked stupid (it looked like we were cheering for them).
Back to the top

Students & Band

ntorres5 said

Im a student at FAU and i definately do not sit in the endzone. I refuse to sit there! Its impossible to see what is going on at the other end of the field. I sit around the 20/30 yard line behind our boys. Last year they tried to have the band and student section on the opposite side of the field behind our opponents and it looked stupid (it looked like we were cheering for them).

I'd rather sit behind the opponents than be in the endzone. Hell it's fun yelling stuff at the opponents bench.
Back to the top

Students & Band

Did someone else notice this - during the OSU game I noticed their main end-zone seating was empty (closed), looks like they try and fill the side line seating first, imagine that.

At least thats the way it looked from Teddy's pics.
Back to the top

Students & Band

I think that endzone is under construction.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Students & Band

You're correct, FAUTuba. At Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater, the band sits in some low bleachers in the east end zone. The huge stadium expansion is in the west corners and end zone. That is not completed yet and the seats are not sold at this time (though a handful of fans sneaked up to that area for Saturday's game). When the expansion is complete, the stadium will seat about 60,000.
Back to the top
Control functions: