Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The MT game + must read WKU B.S.

This is my first post since our game, I've been licking my wounds for a couple of days.

First congratulations on the win. Obviously I wish that the game had gone the other way, and I think had we played early in the game like we did late in the game maybe it would have, or at least would have been a closer more enjoyable game.

Second, I'd like to say thanks to the 96% of FAU fans that I encountered who were all very classy and giving with their tailgate goodies. There was one D-Bag who walked by our section strutting to a rap song, and he really just looked dumb, kind of made me laugh, and as we were leaving there was a car full of idiots swearing at us, but other than that everyone was great.

Third, I have to admit that I laughed at the whole shovel movement, but I totally get it now. Lockhart is a total dump and the staff there was no help at all. I hope that in 2009 I'll be watching this game from a brand new facility, good luck with getting that together.

Lastly, I'd like to share with you some of the B.S. going on at the Western Scout board, this is a post I thought you might enjoy.

WKU is the flagship program in the Sun Belt right now. We have more respect from our mens and womens basketball programs than anyone other school in any sport……and we're not even 1A yet.

Nobody in the Belt has experienced as much post season success as WKU. If we hit the ground running in 1A football it wont be long before other conferences come calling.

That being said, I'm not so sure CUSA is any better. The only conference change I would want is a merger between the Belt and CUSA…..maybe split the teams up for a more travel friendly conference for each.

In the Belt we will be a big fish in a little pond.

DISCUSS……………

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468&f=3573#s=468&f=3573&t=959386

Good luck with the rest of your season
Back to the top

C'mon, that comment about the SBC is a joke. While WKU is a solid program at 1-AA, they aren't going to rise to the top of the SBC for some time. The SBC is improving dramatically each year and it is a far better conference than it was even 3-4 years ago. Give WKU 5-6 years and they might be in the mix.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

mtpikapp…Thanks for the response after the game. Sorry for the few idiots, everyone has them. I do think your board has made a bigger deal than necessary out of the cannon guy but whatever.

Yes, we need a stadium very badly and we need one very soon or it could be the death of this program.

As far as WKU is concerned, they are in for a big lesson, there is a huge difference in all sports when you move for 1AA to 1A. They don't have any idea what they are up against. I know they have always had a solid BB program so they might be able to hang from the start in that program but they are going to get it handed to them in EVERY other sport they play, especially football. What do you expect they're a bunch of hillbillies that actually live in western Kentucky (I didn't know people actually lived there outside of a few documentaries I saw).

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

mtpikapp said

WKU is the flagship program in the Sun Belt right now. We have more respect from our mens and womens basketball programs than anyone other school in any sport……and we're not even 1A yet.

Nobody in the Belt has experienced as much post season success as WKU. If we hit the ground running in 1A football it wont be long before other conferences come calling..

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=468&f=3573#s=468&f=3573&t=959386

Good luck with the rest of your season

Um…there is no 1-AA and 1-A in basketball. The statements here are really not that relevant then.

As for the football thing, good luck, the more sun-belt teams that scare the "big" schools the better for the conference. Unless your basketball team is a top-10 type program (like Cincinnatti Bearcats to the Big East) football is the top conference inviting sport.
Back to the top
Control functions: