Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Temporary stadium at track"

Included on FAU's updated Minor Project Status page

http://www.fau.edu/facilities/fp/info/Minor-Project-Status.pdf

See page 8

User Rep is Melissa Dawson (?)

"PROJECT TBD"

…may be not so dead after all…
Back to the top

I honestly don't think they have any choice but to put up a temporary stadium. Lockhart will be gone, maybe as soon as next season. There is plenty of room around the track. There is a good field there. It will take some cash to get it done, but you have to spend some money to make money. Getting on campus ASAP would really build momentum heading into the real stadium in 2010.
Back to the top

Lockhart WILL be gone by the end of the calendar year from what I understand. We have to play somewhere.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Lockhart WILL be gone by the end of the calendar year from what I understand. We have to play somewhere.

Lockhart will be here for another year or two. Laura Williams who heads up the Baltimore Orioles Florida Operations has told me on numerous occasions that the Orioles will renovate Fort Lauderdale Stadium prior to touching Lockhart.

That said, anything can happen and FAU needs to control its future and eliminate its reliance on other entities such as Dolphins Stadium, the City of Fort Lauderdale and now the Baltimore Orioles.
Back to the top

"If you build it they will come"

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

8-) Erect 2 sets of stands, roll out 3 concession trucks to local vendors, and have grassy berms at each end zone. Students and alumni can sit on blankets (or couches!). I know I wouldn't mind. Get the thing on campus!

"Beware The Talons Of The Mighty Owls!"

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

My highschool has a 23,000 seat stadium, cant this Unviersity build something already.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Make an erector-set type of stands with bleachers (can sell FAU logo seats), then put up a nice facade. To make it more "Boca" or to let the stadium stand-out just put in some impressive water fountains, etc..
Back to the top

We need this stadium up and running not some fake field at the track! Western Kentucky is already fixing their stadium to hold about 28,000 and this is their first year in 1-A. Come on FAU your letting me down!
Back to the top

If after all this time, we wind up with a pcs. of crap stadium around the track with berms, I for one will be extremely pissed. This is not the 1920's and I do not feel like sitting around on a blanket to watch my college football team play.
Back to the top
Control functions: