Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU at Publix

At Publix on Glades and Federal (the Publix serving FAU), there is a red and blue 6' tall cardboard stand that says "The Ultimate Tailgate Party" above the Owl Head logo, the words "IT'S OWL TIME" and then the football schedule. On the side it says, "GO OWLS!"

In the windows of the sliding glass doors are small plastic signs that say a similar thing, only without the schedule. The football schedule poster is also on the door.

Don't know how widespread it is but I've heard it's in all the Publixes in the region. I saw the same thing at a Publix in Delray and a Publix in Boynton.

Great exposure for the football team and definitely helps increase a "college town" type of atmosphere to walk into the supermarket and see your school there.

Only problem is… it doesn't say FAU anywhere on it. No URL to fausports.com, nothing. Somebody named the Owls are playing Florida this year. But I suppose if you're tailgating for the games, you obviously know it's FAU. Still…
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

FAU at Publix

Have one of those things in the publix on palmetto just east of 95.
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

They do these at every publix which is near a D-1 football school, there's one exactly like it at the publix near USF.
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

It seems like the marketing dept. is trying although I don't know how much of it is them being proactive and how much of it is the vendors contacting them. I received a Ticketmaster ticket promo for Saturday's game in my email today.
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

thebrazenbull said

They do these at every publix which is near a D-1 football school, there's one exactly like it at the publix near USF.

Excellent.
Does yours say USF or just BULLS?
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

owlcountry said

thebrazenbull said

Excellent.

I believe the one near USF…says University of Wisconsin
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

faudiehard said

owlcountry said

Excellent.

?
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

owlcountry said

faudiehard said

?

I guess I am in one of those moods…Sorry I was just being sarcastic. Yes, it would definitely be promoting UCF.
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

The two Publix by campus here at FIU have Panther logos up too. Brazenbull's probably right, it's probably just a scheme to attract its local students from the universities.
Back to the top

FAU at Publix

FIUpanther said

The two Publix by campus here at FIU have Panther logos up too. Brazenbull's probably right, it's probably just a scheme to attract its local students from the universities.

It's great for all of our schools.
Back to the top
Control functions: