Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BoT going to Orlando to tour stadium

Add topic

I hope the BoT get sooooo excited about UCF's stadium that they'll say, we wont this too.!!!

Read the last paragraph on Marcus' blog.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2007/09/11/floyd_out_for_season.htm l

Home > FAU Sports > Archives > 2007 > September > 11 > Entry

Floyd out for season
By Marcus Nelson | Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 03:08 PM

A few Quick Hooters after the Owls took the day off Monday before heading back to the practice field on Tuesday

Schnellenberger said on his radio show that running back Willie Floyd hasn?t had his MRI yet of his injured knee, but also said Floyd will use a medical redshirt this season.

Apparently Willie Rose didn?t receive a concussion on Saturday when he got his bell rung by the Oklahoma State defense during the 42-6 loss and could return this week.

Although OL David Matlock was listed as ?day-to-day? on Thursday;s injury report, his knee is obviously more serious than thought. Matlock missed Saturday?s game which caused some re-shuffling on the line. In Matlock?s absence, Kevin Miller received his first collegiate start at right guard while Jarrid Smith moved from right guard to left guard to bolster the left side of the line and help Brandon Jackson, who is still learning at left tackle.

Members of the Florida Atlantic University Board of Trustees as well as key Athletic Department officials including Schnellenberger will be in Orlando on Wednesday to tour BrightHouse Networks Stadium on UCF?s campus. The stadium will host its first game Saturday when the Knights play host to Texas, The stadium is being looked at as a possible model for FAU?s stadium, which could be approved next week.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Certainly good news, especially that they are going with Coach. If anyone is on the fence about building the stadium, Coach will get them on our side. I don't know how they could go there, look at the stadium a direct competitor has built and not want to build something like that in Boca.

Anyway, I take this as a sign that we'll finally get a resolution to this stadium situation once
and for all on Tuesday. I know that you never know with these people on the Board, but this visit coupled with the fact Lockhart will be gone in a year, leads me to think we'll get good news next week.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I don't know how they could go there, look at the stadium a direct competitor has built and not want to build something like that in Boca.

I was thinking the same thing.

I wish Ted Hutton could travel with them to give us their impressions.

You know Norma Tripp and Armand Grossman are going to love it. Let's hope they give us a 45,000 seater.
Back to the top

Cross your FINGERS!!!!!
Back to the top

They will either get really excited or they will see a 45,000 seat stadium that is empty and think 'we could never fill this…lets okay a 20,000 seat stadium and call it a day.'

Hopefully they see the potential especially since UCF has their first sellout in their first game in their new stadium.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

SHOCKER!!!

Marcus says no one from the BOT went to Orlando today.

Marcus Nelson blog

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I guess I could try and look on the bright side and say perhaps the trustees didnt' wantt o go because they'd already made up their minds and are prepared to build a beautiful stadium without looking at its model.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

They will either get really excited or they will see a 45,000 seat stadium that is empty and think 'we could never fill this…lets okay a 20,000 seat stadium and call it a day.'

Hopefully they see the potential especially since UCF has their first sellout in their first game in their new stadium.

GO OWLS!!!

with all due respect, you're wrong… right on ucfathletics.com it says "tickets still availible for the home opener against texas"

as for no one from the bot going, that is the lowest i have ever seen them… this bot is comprised of real pieces of ****, but this is a new low, even for them… i am so fed up with them, i dont even have the stomach to talk about them anymore

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

no comment
Back to the top

apetbrown said

I guess I could try and look on the bright side and say perhaps the trustees didnt' wantt o go because they'd already made up their minds and are prepared to build a beautiful stadium without looking at its model.

…and/or they used a Google Image search and saw it on the internet…
Back to the top
Control functions: