Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007-08 schedule officially released

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

no exhibition game…interesting…

i thought for sure we would have FIT or someone like them down before hitting the "Rhode"…….
Back to the top

That is probably because of the Arena construction.
Back to the top

We need to pack the arena for the first home game.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

We need to pack the arena for the first home game.

I think the first game will get some decent attendance.

2000, I'd say.

But I'll probably be way wrong when only 800 people show up.

I'd like to be correct. I'd like to have underestimated the new popularity of FAU basketball.
Back to the top

Every single game on this schedule is winnable except Kansas. URI is okay but not great. BC is having a rebuilding year and will totally be beatable. USF is 100% beatable. There's not one team besides we can have an execuse to lose to.
Back to the top

ok…. now realistic, lol

kansas is obviously a loss
rhode island is not beatable
boston college is rebuilding, but still much better than us

we can (and will) beat:
USF

then comes conference play… no guarantees in ANY conference games…

i see anywhere from 2-4 seed in the belt tournament

GO OWLS

Back to the top

I hope this team comes out and puts together a magical year. I think more than the football team it will be the basketball team that gets students more interested in FAU sports, as that happens they'll move to the football team as well. Anyways, looks for a competetive schedule with some big names on there I like it.
Back to the top

fauowl09 you don't know what your talking about, Troy beat URI last year and we were a much better team than Troy. I'm not doubting BC's ability all I'm saying is that can be a competitive game, not another UNC debacle.
Kansas will be ugly.

I'm sticking to my guns here. I'm not saying were going to go 30-1 but I am saying there's no reason we can't win every game in terms of talent level.

Nobody goes undefeated but we can have the most succesful season ever for b-ball with a solid nonconference record.
Back to the top

all I am saying is rhode island is a tested and proven tournament team… until we compete with those teams, I am not ready to be confident against them… case in point: Marist last year… we went into there and got put heads handed to us on a platter… until we prove we can hang with tournament teams, wheres your confidence coming from?

BC, with all due respect to you, I will not even argue… a team who has been in the top 5, tournament appearances, final fours, they have talent head and heels over us… rebuild or not

Back to the top
Control functions: