Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium!

Add topic

8-) Did I hear right? Heard on channel 5 this morning that FAU is getting a stadium. Word?
Back to the top

Stadium!

There is a thread on this on the Staduim and Innovation Village forum. But yes, on Tuesday of next week(as reported by Ted Hutton), the BOT will approve a 30,000 seat, steel construction stadium. The university will have about a year to complete it's financing plan, and construction will begin in early 2009. The stadium will open for the football season in 2010. Good news. Still a lot of questions…mainly where the team will play in 2008 and 2009 if Lockhart gets torn down. But the bottom line is that the Owls will finally get a home of their own on campus in 2010.
Back to the top

Stadium!

Damn not 2010 still sounds so far away, but can't complain.
Back to the top

Stadium!

apetbrown said

Is two seasons from now. That's not very far off.
Back to the top

Stadium!

2009 would be soooo much better.
Back to the top

Stadium!

Exit39 said

2009 would be soooo much better.

2010…still sounds a lot better then 2011 or 12
Back to the top

Stadium!

I plan on being there for the first home game in 2010. I'd like to know when and who will be scheduled for the first game in the new stadium but that is a long way off.

I'm just glad we got a stadium on the way.

There was posts back in the spring about a donor kicking in about $30mil to the new stadium. What ever happened to that? If that is a reality, we could see the stadium sooner because a year is going to be used to secure finances.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Stadium!

illinoisowl said

I plan on being there for the first home game in 2010. I'd like to know when and who will be scheduled for the first game in the new stadium but that is a long way off.

I'm just glad we got a stadium on the way.

There was posts back in the spring about a donor kicking in about $30mil to the new stadium. What ever happened to that? If that is a reality, we could see the stadium sooner because a year is going to be used to secure finances.

I would assume FAU would open the new stadium with Michigan State, which NationalChamps.net has scheduled as Sept.11, 2010.

FAU future schedules

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Stadium!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to schedule a team for the first game in our new stadium that we can beat? Or if we cant beat them, will travel well so its a sell out?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Stadium!

Stadium!

apetbrown said

It's September now which means it's nearing the end of 2007.

That means it's less than three years from now.

And we'll be able to see it being built in a year and a half… and likely enjoy the Innovation Village before then… so yeah.

I'm just happy that they were able to get it in on-time for 2010. I really thought it would be more like 2012.
Back to the top
Control functions: