Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. Minnesota Fearless Predictions

It is getting to be that time of the week. Lets get some predictions rolling.

I think this will be a close game with both teams having some offensive success. I hesitate a bit to say that the FAU will do a lot of damage to the Minnesota defense given the performance of last week. However, I do think we will see a hungry team that is ready to put last week behind and put on a good performance against Minnesota. The FAU offense will score, but the defense will need to keep them in the game by adding a score of their own or at least getting a turnover with good field position and helping out the offense.

Even though Minnesota is having a "down" year they are still a BIG TEN team and they bring lots of talent to the table. Expect them to put up some points in this game.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Minnesota 31 FAU 24

I just don't think the Owls have the firepower. I hope I am wrong.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Yeah my heart tells me 27-20 FAU, but unfortunately my gut tells me 31-20 Gophers. I too hope im wrong but my gut feelings are usually right. Damn you gut.
Back to the top

I do think that the offense will bounce back and have a better preformance this Saturday - the question is will it be enough?
We should know just how quickly a game can turn from being competitive, to out right ugly. I just hope it's not the later.

I will stick with my earlier prediction: Gophers 38 FAU 24.

Back to the top

I hate making predictions and to be honest I know absolutely nothing about the Minnesota Golden Gophers. But I do believe that the Owls team that took the field in Oklahoma was an abberation. I don't know if they are as good as they looked against MTSU, but I do know they are not as bad as they looked in the second half of the OSU game. If they play the way they did in the first 30 minutes of that game, we'll be in the game with Minnesota.

I feel that even though we are 35 miles from campus, we should have a homefield advantage in this game because of the weather. I have seen NFL teams come into Dolphin Stadium and wilt in the heat of a 1:00pm game. I remember the Dolphins home opener three years ago against Denver….not only was it quite possibly the hottest I have ever been at a sporting event, but the Broncos in the second half of that game were at least two steps slower than what they started out at. The heat and humidity of a Sept. afternoon game at that place is a lot to handle for anyone to take, let alone the players of visting teams used to playing in either cool weather or a dome. Hopefully, it'll be about 89 degrees with little cloud cover throughout the game.

Also, we are getting some receivers back. I think the tight ends will be used more and a better receiving corps will open up the running game. Plus, the whole team should come out with something to prove after last week, especially the defense…..So my prediction is that if the Owls are either up or losing by 10 points or less at the half, we'll likely win it at the end.
Back to the top

I think the weather will be a factor. The Owls usually perform well at Dolphin Stadium. If the "D" has a good game and Rusty doesn't get the jitters, I'll go for the upset 20-14 FAU.
Back to the top

I am going to go out on a limb on this one. I think the defense is going to show some heart and control this game. We know you can throw against this team which in turn means we should have success on the ground. (if they catch the ball :P)

FAU 28
MN 24

:o :o :o

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Hey folks, back in town after 6 weeks in the Midwest consulting. Good to be back in South Florida. I haven't seen the team in person, only read about it and about Minny. The thing that scares me about Minny is the yards these guys are generating in the air. Our defense is good and will have to be on their toes. I think the D can do the job. I'm not sure about the O. I'm hoping heat, humidity, and some good luck comes the O's way. I'm going to be at the game this weekend.

My heart says FAU 24-Minny 21. My gut says Minny 31 - FAU 21. Reading some of the posts and blogs, I hope we can really get our passing game going and hit some intermediate and deep balls. If we can't, like one poster said, I'm afraid the Minny D-backs will play up and make it really hard on FAU. We'll become too predictable. It'll be an exciting game.
Back to the top

FAU 27-17
I don't care how we look, as long as we find a way to score more than the gophers! I know our team hasn't looked great, but Minn hasn't played teams that are all that great and struggled with them while playing at home.
Back to the top

27-24 FAU Plain and simple!
Back to the top

Well Dusky you got there first, but I'm with you all the way on this one ;)

FAU 28

MN 24
Back to the top
Control functions: