Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Name

Add topic

Stadium Name

ok… we all know it's going to HAVE to be corporate to get this thing built… so, i thought it would be a little fun to waste our friday (in anticipation for tomorrow's game vs. minnesota) to think of corporate names for the stadium… haha

what about:

Publix Stadium

Krispy Kreme Stadium

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Stadium Name

fauowl09 said

ok… we all know it's going to HAVE to be corporate to get this thing built… so, i thought it would be a little fun to waste our friday (in anticipation for tomorrow's game vs. minnesota) to think of corporate names for the stadium… haha

what about:

Publix Stadium

Krispy Kreme Stadium

Office Depot Stadium
Back to the top

Stadium Name

Barry Kaye Field at Charles E. Schmidt Stadium
Back to the top

Stadium Name

fauowl09 said

Office Depot Stadium

Not until this Headline happens:

"Cold Day In Hell"

I work for OD…they are ineterested in things that bring immediate ROI…and to establish academic related partnerships…

they gave up on sports venues a few years ago when Steve Odland (current CEO) came in…they went with Nascar as sole sports marketing partnership…

NOW, i could always be wrong, but i still see it having no chance…
Back to the top

Stadium Name

Im going to go out on a limb here, but here me on this:

"Dominoes Stadium"

to get a cheap "in", and take on Papa Johns head to head for the market of football stadium recognition…

it wont cost nearly as much as Loiusville, and will afford some great exposure, even early on…with ALOT more venue potential to tie into…

Back to the top

Stadium Name

No matter what they name the stadium. They better at least name the field after coach S.
Back to the top

Stadium Name

roscoeowl said

No matter what they name the stadium. They better at least name the field after coach S.

or at least one of the prominent buildings like they did at Loiusville…
Back to the top

Stadium Name

fauowl09 said

what about:

Krispy Kreme Stadium

The more I think about Krispy Kreme Stadium, the more I want to eat it.

Outside of that, I can actually imagine this being a stadium name.

I hope, with everything inside me, that we don't name it Barry Kaye anything.
Back to the top

Stadium Name

Someone mentioned MacDonald's Stadium on another post. As far as I am concerned that isn't much worse than Papa John's Stadium as long as you don't have to walk thru golden arches to get in.

On a more serious note, what about Walgreen's or Johnson and Johnson. I know both families have homes on the treasure coast. Afterall, that is FAU territory.

Lowes or Home Depot haven't gotten into the stadium game. Maybe they would be up for naming rights as well as throwing in materials for construction.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Stadium Name

I would venture to guess that whoever purchases naming rights to our stadium will have some sort of tie to FAU. That may be a locally HQ'd company or someone with ties to the university. I doubt a corporation like Home Depot would go out of their way to name a stadium for a "small" (by college football exposure standards) university in South Florida when they are headquartered in Atlanta.

My guess is we end up with something like Schmidt Stadium or Sunbeam Stadium. If there is a family that plans on giving a chunk to the building, I'm sure they've been planning on it and I hope they cut a check soon!
Back to the top
Control functions: