Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I just wanted to thanks to all the fans who showed up for Saturday's game. It's just now starting to sink in how special this win was for FAU and its fans. Let's hope this win will give our attendance at Lockhart a nice boost for the rest of the season.

And for everyone we met Saturday and joined us for our tailgating breakfast that started at 9a.m., thanks for stopping by to say hi, even if it was just to watch TV. ;D

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

It was a great time at the game. The ~10000 FAU fans are all "core" fans and everyone was into it.

BTW, I'm also a "Canadian Owl" - I sent a picture of your great tailgate setup from the MTSU game back home. You can't beat the satellite dish.
Back to the top

I really thgink the ball is rolling and the fan base the hard core base i'm taklking about is about to grow. With some good news Tuesday that could do wonders. I would love to see them Fast Track building the Stadium put a small bonus in for time line and you would be surprised how fast something can be built.
Back to the top

The fastest route to a stadium would be to "adopt " the UCF plans which the State of Fl already owns the rights to and do a "site adaptation", ie make it fit our site. If the BOT doesn't want to go for the 45,000 then make the end zone seats Phase II of that plan and you have a 30,000 to 35,000 stadium that we could be proud to call the Owl Bowl. By utilizing the plan with mods, you reduce the time to starting construction by at least nine months. As a Rule of Thumb, however long it would take to construct a major project (18 months for steel frame stadium) is how long the planning and design will take if done from "scratch". If we did a "fast track" design and construct we might be able to trim even more time off the process.
Back to the top

cigar said

The fastest route to a stadium would be to "adopt " the UCF plans which the State of Fl already owns the rights to and do a "site adaptation", ie make it fit our site. If the BOT doesn't want to go for the 45,000 then make the end zone seats Phase II of that plan and you have a 30,000 to 35,000 stadium that we could be proud to call the Owl Bowl. By utilizing the plan with mods, you reduce the time to starting construction by at least nine months. As a Rule of Thumb, however long it would take to construct a major project (18 months for steel frame stadium) is how long the planning and design will take if done from "scratch". If we did a "fast track" design and construct we might be able to trim even more time off the process.

That is all fine & dandy…but where are you going to get the money to build?
Back to the top

faudiehard said

cigar said

That is all fine & dandy…but where are you going to get the money to build?

Exactly. The construction timeline is not the issue. It's where does the $62M come from that is going to slow this project down. If we had the money now, we would be ready in 2009. We do not have the money.
Back to the top

I do have one idea to raise a few extra million (hopefully someone with some clout reads this). For those individuals that would like to give towards the stadium, I would suggest "Boosters Alley" or "Alumnus Courtyard" or " Donor Drive". This would be an area that people could donate money and have a brick (like riverwalk in ft. lauderdale) with their company name, individuals name or ect.. I believe this way of raising money can be very successful in getting a few million dollars towars the stadium. 10,000 die hard fans x $200.00 = 2,000,000.00
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I do have one idea to raise a few extra million (hopefully someone with some clout reads this). For those individuals that would like to give towards the stadium, I would suggest "Boosters Alley" or "Alumnus Courtyard" or " Donor Drive". This would be an area that people could donate money and have a brick (like riverwalk in ft. lauderdale) with their company name, individuals name or ect.. I believe this way of raising money can be very successful in getting a few million dollars towars the stadium. 10,000 die hard fans x $200.00 = 2,000,000.00

I think that is a great idea. It could also fit into the actual structure of the stadium. If the exterior facade is going to be brick, a wall could be designated for this purpose. That way it wouldn't add any significant cost since it would be part of the existing project.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

sorry guys… but your idea has been underway for months now

http://fauf.fau.edu/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?&pid=1379

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

sorry guys… but your idea has been underway for months now

http://fauf.fau.edu/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?&pid=1379

Nothing to be sorry for…I think that is GREAT! My only concern is that I have never heard of it and I am sure many others have not either. They should hand out a nice color flyer at all the home games (football & basketball) telling about it. It is such an easy way to bring in big money, it would be ashame for it not to be promoted properly.
Back to the top
Control functions: