Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Email forum(maybe you guys can help)

Add topic

Hey guys, need some help and thought some of you may be able to help. I am looking for an email forum thing…..don't know what it is technically called……buuuttt i know they are out there……..i want it to where you have say 50 people signed up to an email thingy and sending out one email will automatically go to all 50 email accounts…….but i don't know where to go for that…..hope you understand what i am trying to accomplish and that you can help, thx

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

jvowl said

Hey guys, need some help and thought some of you may be able to help. I am looking for an email forum thing…..don't know what it is technically called……buuuttt i know they are out there……..i want it to where you have say 50 people signed up to an email thingy and sending out one email will automatically go to all 50 email accounts…….but i don't know where to go for that…..hope you understand what i am trying to accomplish and that you can help, thx

I think you're referring to a "list-serv."

Yahoo groups also does that I think.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

jvowl said

I think you're referring to a "list-serv."

Yahoo groups also does that I think.

Yahoo Groups will do that. I set one up for one of the groups at my church. If you go to Yahoo Groups and just follow the instructions as they come up, its pretty easy. You have to set up the email addresses. When a member sends an email to the groups address, it is delivered to all members. You can set the parameters with passwords and security, set up pictures, etc. It might be considered similar to this board except that the messages will be emailed to each member. You can set it up where anyone can read the messages on the Yahoo Groups site or just members.

Warning though. Hide email addresses from spamers.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Constant Contact is an excellent mailing list service as well. I think they have a free trial.
Back to the top

thx guys appreciate the help

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Re: Email forum(maybe you guys can help)

YahooGroups.com

It works great for a list I have of fraternity alumni.
Back to the top
Control functions: