Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU at North Texas

Enough of this thinking about Troy and thinking about a bowl appearance. Lets start thinking about our upcoming opponent, North Texas.

My thoughts:

If FAU plays within themselves and the players don't get caught up in the hype of beating a BIG TEN team, the Owls should be able to roll against the Mean Green. If FAU spends the week patting themselves on the back for the win against Minnesota it will be a long day in Denton and North Texas will spoil the Owls shot at a dream season.

My advice:

Minnesota happened last week. Forget about it. Troy is a long way away. Don't look ahead. Take one game at a time. This weeks job is to beat North Texas and improve to 3-1. Get it done.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

owlfan1 said

My advice:

Minnesota happened last week. Forget about it. Troy is a long way away. Don't look ahead. Take one game at a time. This weeks job is to beat North Texas and improve to 3-1. Get it done.

GO OWLS!!!

Well said.
Let's focus on North Texas…they will be hungry. The boys need to come out with there claws ready to slice.

-GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

I think it's a silly talking about bowl games after week 3. The only thing that matters this week is N.TX. Any team in the Sunbelt can beat any team, there is no consistency. The guys have to focus solely on winning this game, they come off a bye and we're coming off a big win, could be trouble if they don't stay focused.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

same offense, less overall talent, and athleticism…
we should win if we remain focused and dont get prideful…
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

Keys To The Game:

1) You beat a BCS team - You're not an actual BCS team yet
Obviously, this means don't get full of yourselves. Don't overlook a conference foe. Losing to North Texas would largely negate the awesome game a week before.

2) Continue air execution
B.J. Manley looked good. D-I Edgecomb looked UNBELIEVABLE. But, our season is going to be won (and lost) on the arm of Mr. Conference Player of the Week, Rusty Smith. He needs to continue his assault on defenses, via Harmon and Jean.

3) Continue to own what you own
We are 3-0 versus North Texas all-time, including years when we were D-IAA. We own this team. Go on the field with no mercy and take care of business… In other words, play like you ARE the better team.

Mr. Step Up
Who needs to be called out publically and step up?

Josh Pinnick
Yes, you have been double-teamed and creating openings for linebacker blitzes, but you need to find a way to get to the quarterback and sit his ass on the ground. You are a perenial All-Conference pick and some projected you to go in the draft this season. You need to STEP UP this week at North Texas and lead our defense to a conference win!

Prediction:

Rusty Smith hits Lestar Jean at least twice. Defense swarms the Mean Green's new offense, led by new coaches and a new system. 2-0 in the Sun Belt.

FAU - 30, North Texas - 14

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

we better win this game... we have a few tough games after this...

Peyton
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

Is anyone making the trip to Denton? Just wondering if there's a set place to meet before the game.
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

As long as they keep it cool the game should be in the bag!
Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

There's a big open field between the stadium and NT's arena. Stop by and hang out with the Mean Green folks. They are very friendly. There's food and drinks for sale (beer, too, if I recall correctly) and the band comes and entertains. You can find parking on the other side of the arena.

It's not a long ride from the Dallas area.

Back to the top

FAU at North Texas

FAU at North Texas

I don't think were going to let this slip by at all. Were going to put up points, NTU defense is awful and I can see the defense having their best game yet.
35-0
OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: