Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Legacy Magazine

Add topic

I just got my copy of Legacy magazine today in the mail. On page 13 is a picture of Rick $mitty Smith, mr prOWLer.

He calls himself "smittysahoot" on this board.

Here is a pdf copy from FAUNAA:

http://wise.fau.edu/advancement/legacy/LEGACY_FALL_07.pdf

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Legacy Magazine

illinoisowl said

I just got my copy of Legacy magazine today in the mail. On page 13 is a picture of Rick $mitty Smith, mr prOWLer.

He calls himself "smittysahoot" on this board.

Here is a pdf copy from FAUNAA:

http://wise.fau.edu/advancement/legacy/LEGACY_FALL_07.pdf

yeah, i just got mine too…with some schedule cards inside for basketball season - all game times TBA…

uh, ok…i thought it was a schedule card?!
Back to the top

Re: Legacy Magazine

Legacy Magazine

Only problem I have is "Rick, known at
FAU as “$mitty,” founded the prOWLers in 2002." Actually it was me and my roommate at the time with the help of Pablo Paez who started the prOWLers back in 2000. Pablo printed up some T-shirts for us and at time time of course we had no football team so we just went to the basketball games and went on the road trip with the band to UCF to see the team make the NCAA's. Not trying to brag or toot my own horn here. Hope it doesn't come across like that.

I'm glad $mitty was able to take it to the next level and be able to do what he did as far as getting the prowlers on the field at football games, being loud and creating a student section at basketball games and I hope they can improve the prOWLers and be known across college like the Cameron Crazy's

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I understand why this program has no money or alumni support.

My wife and I are both FAU grads, we still live in the area, we have been season tickets holders since game one, we have gone to virtually every home game and many of the away games, we have contributed to the Owl Club, we have contacts on campus and I have never heard of "Legacy Magazine".

This alumni association really needs to get their act together, I have more communication from my high school reunion committee than FAU, it's pathetic. >:(

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I want to officially apologize for my previous post.  I got home today and saw the magazine in the basket.  I think the wife got it, read it and it got covered, don't want to get anyone in trouble for my mistake. :P

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: