Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU at NORTH TEXAS

Here we go. It is Thursday afternoon and time for weekly predictions. I want to mix this up a bit and not only go with FAU, but make predictions for some other key SBC games as well.

FAU @ North Texas

Wow, what a difference a week makes. Last week at this time I had little to no confidence in the FAU offense and after the performance against Minnesota my opinion has changed dramatically. The FAU offense looked amazing against Minnesota…will we see that offense or the offense that played against OSU??? The defense has been on a roller coaster ride this season. UNT gives them a chance to get back into form. I think we will see FAU come out blazing against UNT. I expect some big plays on offense and a solid defensive performance. This game can really set the tone for conference play.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 38 UNT 17

ASU @ Tennessee

Tennessee is down and out after losses to Cal and Florida. This could be a chance for them to take out their frustration on a weaker opponent. I think ASU will come to play especially after losing a close game to Texas. This could be closer than many people think.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Tennessee 31 ASU 24

MTSU vs. WKU

MTSU gets the SBC newcomer this week. Last time they were in this situation they lost (to FAU). MTSU does not want that to happen again. WKU on the other hand is looking to make some noise in the SBC. This one is a toss up in my book. If MTSU plays the way they did against Louisville they could get ahead early and take the W. If not, WKU has a shot at the upset.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: MTSU 38 WKU 31

Troy @ ULL

Troy has looked very good so far. I don't expect anything less this week. This might be the easiest game to pick of the bunch.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Troy 35 ULL 10

FIU @ Kansas

Despite playing fairly well against Maryland, FIU's streak will continue. Kansas is just too talented a team to give this one up. FIU will keep it close, but the result will be no different than it has been in the last 15 games they have played.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Kansas 37 FIU 23

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU at NORTH TEXAS

Looks pretty spot on!  I think Troy may lay the smack down a little harder on ULL but otherwise good stuff!
Back to the top

owlcoholic said

Looks pretty spot on!  I think Troy may lay the smack down a little harder on ULL but otherwise good stuff!

Hard to say if Troy will run it up on ULL. They definitely have the potential.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU at NORTH TEXAS

Troy vs ULL

This might be a closer game then most people think and could end-up being a upset special in the making.
However, Troy should score enough to take this one.
Back to the top

FAU 38
NT  21

I would put more for FAU but I think we may see some second stringers getting some valuable playing time.
Back to the top

31-14 FAU
Back to the top

for once i actually agree with their prediction...
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

WKU has a shot at the upset.

WKU pulled off the upset over MTSU in a low scoring game 20-17

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I fear for Troy and FAU this weekend. Both games could be traps.

Both teams need to focus and get the job done. For Troy, it could be bad because Troy and FAU are having trouble with the run. FAU is going into the first home game of a team really needing a win under a new, popular coach.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

I fear for Troy and FAU this weekend. Both games could be traps.

Both teams need to focus and get the job done. For Troy, it could be bad because Troy and FAU are having trouble with the run. FAU is going into the first home game of a team really needing a win under a new, popular coach.

Both teams are coming off very big wins. That makes this an interesting week.

Troy should dominate ULL. The key word is "should." I think even if they don't play their best game they will win by at least 2 TDs.

FAU is also a question mark because the team seems to play great one week and fall apart the next or vice versa. If Rusty performs well and the run game does decent FAU will win. The big questions are whether or not Rusty will continue playing well and whether or not the O-line and RBs will step up. I think they will and I think FAU will roll.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: