Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach's Contract

I dont know if this is correct or not but if Coach's contract ends in 2009, does anyone know if an extension might be given to him?
Back to the top

Re: Coach's Contract

I believe he will coach the first year in the new stadium and then retire, MHO.
Back to the top

I believe coach will be here as long as it takes him to reach his goal...National Championship!!!
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I believe coach will be here as long as it takes him to reach his goal…National Championship!!!

I hope he has found the fountain of youth because that could be a long way away and he isn't getting any younger.

I think he will see the opening of the new stadium and maybe coach a 2-3 years in the new stadium before stepping down.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Coach's Contract

I hope so!  That will give FAU the foundation it needs until then.
Back to the top

Bytor said

I believe he will coach the first year in the new stadium and then retire, MHO.

im on board with this plus 1-2 more years pednign how well we are doing at the time…
Back to the top

I would hope that they would give him an open ended contract that would allow him to retire when he wants to. You could always put a clause in that if he starts talking to the goal post he would have to retire. He may not get the props that Pappa Joe, or Bobby B for being at a program for ever but Howard has turned around, or built from the ground up three Universities.
A lot of people though he could think out side the comfort zone of the old Pro Style Offense or the you can't teach an Old Dog new tricks but look what he did last week. Took the Old School gave it couple of hits of New School and BAM!!! I guess he still has a couple of ideas floating around up top. He's got my vote for as long as he wants it, because his dream is not only his but for every kid that throws a set of pads on for FAU, for every Student and Alumni that is associated with FAU and for every fan that is and becomes a fan of FAU. They should name something a building anything after him and have a bust of the man that made FAU Football in front of the Stadium.  ;)
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

faudiehard said

I believe coach will be here as long as it takes him to reach his goal…National Championship!!!

I hope he has found the fountain of youth because that could be a long way away and he isn't getting any younger.

I think he will see the opening of the new stadium and maybe coach a 2-3 years in the new stadium before stepping down.

GO OWLS!!!

I just can't see coach ever retiring…Besides for his family, football is his life.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

faudiehard said

GO OWLS!!!

I just can't see coach ever retiring…Besides for his family, football is his life.

I agree that football is extremely important to coach. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him stay around. However, I think that FAU is his biggest challenge and it is something that has taken a tremendous amount of work to get this far. A national championship could be 15, 20, 30 years or more away. They are so difficult to attain. I think that by the time he has coached for 2 years in the new stadium FAU will have won at least one conference championship, probably more. With a conference championship(s) in hand and a new stadium he will have accomplished tremendous things at FAU. Granted, he might want to wait it out and see if he can get FAU into a BCS conference and that would be fine. I just don't think he will stay around as head coach for that long. However, he might stay on as a special consultant or something like that. Again, as far as I am concerned he can stay as long as he wants. He deserves it. However I think he will probably sign for 3 more years after 2009 and then bow out gracefully.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

faudiehard said

I agree that football is extremely important to coach. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him stay around. However, I think that FAU is his biggest challenge and it is something that has taken a tremendous amount of work to get this far. A national championship could be 15, 20, 30 years or more away. They are so difficult to attain. I think that by the time he has coached for 2 years in the new stadium FAU will have won at least one conference championship, probably more. With a conference championship(s) in hand and a new stadium he will have accomplished tremendous things at FAU. Granted, he might want to wait it out and see if he can get FAU into a BCS conference and that would be fine. I just don't think he will stay around as head coach for that long. However, he might stay on as a special consultant or something like that. Again, as far as I am concerned he can stay as long as he wants. He deserves it. However I think he will probably sign for 3 more years after 2009 and then bow out gracefully.

GO OWLS!!!

My National Championship comment may have been a little over the top, but what the heck…Shoot for the stars. Besides, if he did it at Miami, why can't he do it here?
Back to the top
Control functions: